Community Service Officer 1 - Patrol (part-time)
Job no: 492765
Work type: Part time
Location: Harper College Main Campus (Palatine)
Categories: Public Safety
Salary: $13.96 - $16.87
Division: Finance & Administrative Services
Department: Harper College Police
Schedule Information: As Assigned
Hours Per Week: 1-18
Work Conditions: Indoor / Outdoor. Walking and standing for extended periods of time.
Duties of Position:
The CSO 1-Patrol is responsible for the day-to-day safety and security of college property. TheCSO - - Patrol opens and closes facilities as requested. The CSO I - Patrol conducts crime prevention spot checks of college assets. The CSO I – Patrol enforces parking regulations. The CSO I - Patrol resolves a multitude of issues that do not require the services of a police officer. In accomplishing these duties the CSO I-Patrol may:
- Enforcing parking and permit regulations.
- Perform escort services.
- Lock/unlock college buildings/facilities.
- Provide jumpstarts for stalled vehicles.
- Observe and report suspicious activity, hazardous conditions and/or actual criminal violations.
- Provide security services for campus organizations and functions.
- Give directions and other types of aid to the campus community.
- Perform various enforcement, administrative, security and investigative functions as directed.
- Reports any building problems, such as broken doors, locks, windows, vending machines, leaking roofs and pipes and building heating/cooling problems.
- Inspects college property and observes college activities for unsafe conditions which may lead to injury, takes appropriate action to correct any unsafe practice or condition and reports all other safety hazards to a supervisor.
- Assists students, faculty, staff and visitors with directions, vehicle problems, and medical problems and provides other information and assistance as necessary.
- Directs traffic and pedestrian flow as required.
- Assists the campus police officers as directed.
- Relieves CSO 1- Dispatcher as required.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
The CSO I–Patrol is directly supervised by the shift's Officer in Charge (OIC), Deputy Chief and Chief of Police, Harper College Police Department.
- High School graduate or GED.
- Be at least eighteen years of age.
- Valid Illinois Driver's license with good driving record.
Required on the job training:
- Successfully complete the Department of Public Safety Field Training Program within six months of employment.
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification within six months of employment.
- Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) certification within six months of employment.
- Blood Borne Pathogens training within six months of employment.
- Hazardous Materials-First Responder training within six months of employment.
- Annual proficiency requirements:
- First Aid.
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Automatic External Defibrillator (AED).
- Blood Borne Pathogens.
- Hazardous Materials-First Responder.
- Excellent communicative skills (English) – both spoken and written.
- Successfully complete a background investigation.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Application Review Date: Applications are accepted until the position is filled though priority will be given to applications received on or before: October 26, 2016.
Required Documents: ***A resume and cover letter are required to complete the application process***
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.
Advertised: 12 Oct 2016 Central Daylight Time