Assistant Director of Digital Marketing - College of Engineering Administration (A1700340)
Assistant Director of Digital Marketing
College of Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The College of Engineering seeks applicants for the position of Assistant Director of Digital Marketing. This position will lead the digital marketing (web, video, and social media) efforts, which are key to Engineering at Illinois' advancement and student recruitment efforts and an expanding part of the College focus. The Assistant Director of Digital Marketing will develop strategy, execute digital projects, and assess the success of those projects, generating ideas quickly, building the relationships to develop those ideas, and producing content that improves the College reputation and drives students and alumni to take action. This position reports to the Director of the Engineering Communications Office who reports to the Executive Director for Marketing and Communications for the College of Engineering. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead the development of the College's digital strategy and execute digital projects that drive that strategy.
- Develop, monitor, analyze, and refine the College's digital advertising efforts.
- Develop and design electronic newsletters.
- Proactively and creatively update and improve the College's web presence.
- Manage photography and videography needs, including coordination of photo/video shoots, provide creative direction, and organize photo and video databases.
- Work closely with colleagues to articulate, refine, and amplify the college brand.
- Tell a story and drive home key marketing messages; develop the idea and build it out.
- Analyze data, implement decisions based on that data, and experiment aggressively to make the most of it.
- Move quickly and flexibly, work on projects simultaneously, and resolve complex situations.
- Supervise student workers, delegate work, review completed tasks, and provide guidance.
- Explore, develop and implement innovative communication approaches that will be effective and have significant positive impact on the stature of the college.
- Perform other duties or projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- 5 years of marketing experience
- Experience with design software, web development, and digital storytelling
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Proven organizational skills
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students, alumni, media and others
- Experience in strategic communications and marketing
- Communication and marketing experience in a university or non-profit setting
The Assistant Director of Digital Marketing is a full-time, benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three references as a single PDF file by June 26, 2017. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Sarah Musselman, email@example.com, 217-244-1056.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Engineering
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Assistant Director of Digital Marketing - College of Engineering Administration (A1700340)
Open Date: 06/05/2017
Organization Name: Engineering Administration