Working Title: Project Coordinator
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Psychology
Posting Date: 06-05-2017
The Department of Psychology seeks a Project Coordinator to work in the laboratory of Dr. Angeline Lillard. Primary responsibilities include supporting the development and implementation of studies of young children's social and cognitive development, and ensuring smooth functioning of an active laboratory.
The project coordinator will help to design and create study protocols, recruit participants, and collect data in laboratory, school, and community settings. The project coordinator will manage the data in SPSS. The project coordinator will be responsible for handling all logistics pertaining to studies. The project coordinator also will be responsible for training and overseeing undergraduate research assistants. The coordinator is responsible for making sure that the lab runs smoothly by keeping in contact with research assistants, graduate students, key people in the schools and community settings where data are being collected, and the primary investigator, and by quickly addressing any issues that arise in the laboratory to ensure its smooth functioning.
This position is restricted and is contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and organize time efficiently
- Ability to manage interactions with staff as well as study participants.
- Knowledge of how to maintain a database.
- Ability to maintain website.
- Ability to resolve problems in creative and timely manner.
- Ability to work independently.
- Should be comfortable working in a school or community based setting.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82031