Academic Affairs Business Manager
Academic Affairs Business Manager
Position Number: 53000311
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 06/23/2017
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Business Manager in Academic Affairs. This position involves the analysis, preparation, and monitoring of all budgets for the Office of Academic Affairs; reviews personnel actions in Academic Affairs for compliance with budgets, USG policy, and SACSCOC; and ensures compliance with generally accepted accounting principles in executing, analyzing, verifying, and reporting transactions of a fiscal nature. Prepares special financial reports in support of strategic planning and comprehensive program review.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Academic Affairs Business Manager will:
- Collaborate in the preparation of the annual operating budgets for Academic Affairs; continuously monitors and balances state and Foundation accounts as they related to Academic Affairs.
- Track personnel changes for all Academic Affairs including review of employment postings and personnel action forms for compliance with budgets, USG policy, and SACSCOC as directed by the Provost.
- Advise Provost regarding expenditure as they relate to operating budgets within Academic Affairs. Tracks salary savings and plan of use for all budgeted positions in Academic Affairs.
- Supervise the Faculty Records Coordinator who prepares faculty contracts annually and is responsible for transformation to electronic records.
- Review and approve all budget amendments for Academic Affairs for compliance with accounting principles and USG and UNG policies.
- Analyze large amounts of financial data and compiles reports on a periodic basis regarding items such as part-time faculty expenses, summer faculty budgets, and travel.
- Provide continuous counsel, training and analysis to departmental administrative support personnel, budget managers and Deans within Academic Affairs.
- Stay abreast of all USG and SACSCOC policy changes as they relate to budgets and personnel issues associated with the duties of this position.
- Serve as a liaison between the Office of the Provost, the University Budget Office, and Human Resources Office and performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Be responsible for monitoring academic accounts and reconciliations
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of current word processing and spreadsheet software in a Windows environment
- Working knowledge of software such as Banner, PeopleSoft, SharePoint and similar software used within USG
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, strong public relations and organizational skills, dependability, flexibility, attention to detail and accuracy, and the ability to be professional in manner and dress.
- Ability to multi-task, manage workload, meet deadlines, and maintain confidentiality
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business; Masters preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three years of related experience
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: The successful candidate must be able to pass a background check which will include a credit check. Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.