The Receptionist provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. Responsible for greeting and directing visitors, answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate staff, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, requisition of supplies as well as additional clerical duties.
- Answers telephones and directs the caller to the appropriate staff. Transfers call as appropriate.
- Greets and directs visitors to the university.
- Takes and receives messages for assigned staff.
- Provides callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website, and other related information.
- Receives, sorts and forwards incoming mail.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- Assists in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies as needed.
- Maintains assigned work room areas, including ordering copy paper and toner for copy/print machines, maintaining adequate work room supplies and replenishing as necessary.
- Operates PC workstation to include e-mail, internet, and basic word processing.
- May also assist with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing, data entry and collating.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures.
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Skill in English composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Skill in typing/word processing and use of personal computer/software, especially Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Ability to work collectively with the administrative team.
A high school diploma and two years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
- Previous office and clerical experience.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF LAW.
- This position requires a criminal background check.
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
- Florida Driver’s License.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
EXPECTED STARTING SALARY: $13.50 - $15.00/hr, commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline Date: This position is opened until filled.
Special Instructions Regarding Attachments:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before continuing through the application. Once your application has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional attachments will not be considered.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcements.
This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04.