Administrative Support Associate -Journey
Position Number 998911
Position Classification Title Administrative Support Assc
Functional Title Administrative Support Associate -Journey
Position Type Staff
The Office of Campus Activities and Programs (CAP) is a department within the Division of Student Affairs. The focus of the department is to complement the academic mission of the University and enhance the overall educational experience of students through development of, exposure to, and participation in social, cultural, intellectual, recreational, and governance programs. In addition, the department is responsible for providing services, and promoting programs that are responsive to student developmental needs and to the physical, social, recreational, and continuing education needs of the campus community.
The Office of Campus Activities and Programs is seeking a qualified candidate to consider for an Administrative Support Associate position.
Primary responsibilities and duties include:
- Manages the front desk reception area and CAP Office
- Greets and provides information to students and visitors
- Assists CAP staff with major and campus-wide traditional events such as Rawkin Welcome Week, Fall Fest, Homecoming, Luminaries, Fraternal Leadership Institute, Winterfest, Greek Week, Excellence Banquet, Relaxation days, summer programming and other programs
- Assists with CAP programs such as Minerva's Mid-days and UNCG weekends
- Works with confidential and sensitive information
- Reviews Banner for grades and assists with Fraternity and Sorority Life Grade Report and Student Group Head Officer Grade Report
- Handles and receives confidential information about student and student group conduct
- Explains services and refers to appropriate resources
- Interprets and explains policy/guidelines and provides information as needed
- Attends meetings and takes minutes
- Serves as backup for time entry
- Serves as backup for P-card reconciliation
- Provides student with accurate information about student group recognition
- Schedules room reservations
- Manages the student group storage/cubicle space
- Orders catering for meetings and events
- Serves as HR Liaison
- Sorts mail and assists student groups with mail services
- Checks visitors into the office and sends satisfaction survey to them
- Oversees FAQ list
- Serves as CAP Liaison for EUC Building Occupants meetings
- Maintains files
- Creates confidential reports, generates rosters, and assists with events using Spartan Connect
- Interprets FERPA policy to work with confidential reports
- Collects data from the website, social media sites, Spartan Connect, and Web Focus
- Creates spreadsheets in Excel
- Inputs data entry
- Manages CAPSO email account
- Manages Star-Fish calendar for CAP staff
- Uses Word, Excel and Google docs
- Compiles reports for CAP staff
- Reviews and processes student group recognition paperwork
- Compiles and documents contracts for events and logs them into Excel spreadsheet
- Assists with training head officers of student groups how to use the event contract in Spartan Connect
- Compiles letters for registration of new student groups
- Oversees gift/donor report and sends out thank you letters
- Responds to email inquiries and explains policies and provide information as necessary
- Assists with reimbursements and receipts
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro is a world-class, research intensive, regional University with a diverse portfolio of expertise and a particular focus on fostering healthy lives, vibrant communities and global connections. UNCG is a leading institution within the 17-campus University of North Carolina System. Recognized for its programs in the Music, Theater and Dance; Nursing; Business; Education; Life and Physical Sciences; and Health and Human Sciences, UNCG continues to grow its enrollment and enjoys the most diverse student populations of all the UNC system universities. With more than 19,000 students, UNCG has a significant and positive impact in North Carolina and the Greensboro/Triad area in particular. UNCG is nationally recognized for its distance learning initiative and serves many rural areas of North Carolina with its highly rated online educational programs. Established in 1892, the University of North Carolina at Greensboro was founded as the first public university in North Carolina for women. In 1963 the school became co-educational, but the legacy of providing both opportunity and excellence continues today.
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENCY; OR DEMONSTRATED POSSESSION OF THE COMPETENCIES NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE WORK.
Associate's Degree or two year college equivalent and one to two years related experience.
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Recruitment Range $28,710 - $33,000
Org #-Department Campus Activities and Programs - 44807
Work Hours of Position 40
Job Family Administrative and Managerial
Competency Level Journey
2-4 key competencies for successful execution of job duties, including chosen level definition:
Communication-Verbal- Responds to questions/issues that deviate from standard operating procedures by determining and consulting appropriate resources such as policies, manuals or other staff. Responds to requests for program and procedural information. Contacts service recipients, vendors, or clients to provide or obtain information. Schedules and coordinates appointments, meetings and events.
Problem Solving -Assesses and may resolve unprecedented problems that require research and review of policy and procedures. Applies judgment for problem resolutions based on delegated authority from supervisor.
Knowledge-Program- Understands programs and services to apply this knowledge in problem-solving and responding to most questions and inquiries. Uses program knowledge to interface with other offices and organizations.
Information/Records Administration - Records, compiles and summarizes data using established format. Compiles and organizes information from different sources to develop reports and data.
Open Date 06/05/2017
Close Date 06/26/2017
Job Close Date
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Salary Grade Equivalency 59
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Writing Sample(s)
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Have you graduated from high school or received a GED?
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu