Associate or Full Professor of Biostatistics
The University of Kentucky Markey Cancer Center, one of NCI's 69 Designated Cancer Centers, invites applications from outstanding candidates for one tenure-track Biostatistics faculty position at the level of Associate/Full Professor to participate in new and expanding efforts in cancer research.
Candidates that have experience serving as faculty at a NCI-designated cancer centers with experience in collaborative research to support translational and clinical efforts and who also have specific experience in Biostatistics Cores of multi-disciplinary research programs such as program project, center, SPORE grants are particularly encouraged to apply. Expertise in clinical trials is desired to facilitate the cancer center's growing portfolio of investigator initiated cancer clinical trials.
The successful candidate must have a Ph.D. in Biostatistics or Statistics with highly productive time spent collaborating with cancer center investigators as evidenced by cancer related peer-reviewed publications and/or roles as grant PI and/or Co-Investigator. The candidate will be expected to work with investigators to develop and maintain extramurally funded research projects and may participate actively in graduate teaching programs in the UK Medical Center and/or College of Public Health. If desired, protected time will be allocated to facilitate development and/or application of novel statistical methodologies to enhance cancer research.
Questions may be directed to MCC Biostatistics Faculty Search Committee, c/o Dr. Brent Shelton, Professor and Associate Director, Markey Cancer Center Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Shared Resource Facility, 2365 Harrodsburg Rd-Suite A230, Lexington, KY 40504-3381, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that, to be considered an applicant, an application must be submitted via the UK Jobs site.
Please include the following documents with your application:
1) Current Curriculum Vitae
2) Cover letter indicating a brief summary of collaborative research accomplishments.
Please also include the names and contact information for at least three references within the application. This information may be utilized to solicit recommendation letters from your references within the employment system.
The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Associate or Full Professor of Biostatistics
7H025:CANCER CENTER-CORE SUPPORT
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Ph.D. in Biostatistics or Statistics
Required Related Experience
Five or more years of experience in bio-statistics or statistics.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
SAS expertise, design of cancer clinical trials, data management expertise.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Ph.D. in Biostatistics or Statistics & 5+ years of related experience
Open Untill Filled
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Academic Keys
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter