Alumni Engagement Administrative Coordinator
Purpose of Position
Macalester College seeks to hire a full-time Alumni Engagement Administrative Coordinator to work in its Alumni Engagement Department. This position supports the Alumni Engagement team by providing administrative duties, using independent initiative to balance the priorities of the department and individual team members. They act as a first point of contact for Alumni and other inquiries, supports Alumni Engagement staff and Board, supports the administrative needs of campus and non-campus events, and oversees student workers. The incumbent functions on behalf of the entire Advancement department by greeting visitors, directing phone calls and serving as Advancement office manager.
Alumni Engagement team support
- Support the activities of the Alumni Engagement department; establish and assign priorities; develop processes and procedures for department as it relates to this position
- Attend meetings; record, transcribe, and distribute meeting minutes
- Maintain office files, procedures, and manuals; maintain distribution lists and/or databases, verify and enter information
- Organize and produce information for various projects, events, and reports; prepare and distribute reports, materials, and packets
- Screen and direct telephone communications pertaining to the Alumni Engagement department; act on routine requests, including event request
- Receive, process and maintain confidential and/or sensitive information and materials
- Support team travel plans
- Coordinate and manage the processing of invoices and requests for reimbursement
- Assist staff with logistics for out of town events including venue identification, vendor negotiations and communication with alumni leaders
- Recruit, manage, and supervise student employees
- Perform other duties as assigned
Advancement reception support
- Responsible for the distribution of incoming and outgoing mail; open, sort, and prioritize mail
- Serve as front desk representative to internal and external contacts; answer inquiries and respond to and/or resolve a variety of issues
- Manage inventory and order supplies
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Vocational or technical training in the administrative/office field, Associates degree in the administrative/office field, or Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred
- 3-5 years of professional related experience required. Experience that has yielded knowledge of office procedures, administrative functions, ability to use databases and all forms of electronic communications is preferred
- Experience in higher education is a plus
- Proficient in prioritizing multiple projects and tasks
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
- Expert ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to work respectfully with sensitive and confidential information
For best consideration, please submit resume and cover letter in one PDF through the Macalester Employment Opportunities webpage no later than June 23, 2017. This posting will close on June 30, 2017.
Since its founding in 1874, Macalester has provided students with the inspiration, insight, and experience to become successful and ethical leaders. Located in St. Paul, Minnesota, Macalester enrolls nearly 2,100 students who come from virtually every state and 91 countries. Macalester is committed to being a preeminent liberal arts college known for its high standards of scholarship and its special emphases on internationalism, multiculturalism, and service to society.
Macalester is proud of its longstanding commitment to social justice and creating a safe environment for all people regardless of sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, gender, religion, age, or ability. Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities and women.
Macalester employees enjoy a fantastic benefits package and working environment that is second to none. Please visit http://www.macalester.edu/employmentservices/benefits/ for more information about benefits at Macalester College.