Program Coordinator/Supervisor - Foster Care/Adoption Agency
Program Coordinator - LCPA - Foster Care/Adoption Agency
The Pathways Houston, Texas office has an immediate opening for the position of Program Coordinator. This position offices in Houston and reports to the Regional Program Director. If you are interested in this position and would like to apply, please reply to this ad and attach your resume. You may also apply on our website at www.pathway.org.
Pathways Youth and Family Services
Pathways Youth and Family Services, Inc. is a Texas-based non-profit social services organization dedicated to creating environments where children and families thrive. We provide a wide array of social services including adoption, foster care, counseling, therapy and other in-home services. Founded in 1992, Pathways has eight branch offices across the state of Texas.
The essential functions of the Program Coordinator include the training, supervision and management of a team Case Managers. This includes ensuring they complete their job duties, matching and approving placements in foster homes, reviewing and approving case-related documentation, crisis- management, and advocacy for children and families with Pathways.
- Ensure that the Mission, Philosophy, and Values of Pathways is supported, taught, and articulated in the delivery of all child placing agency services.
- Establish weekly and monthly supervision routines to ensure communication, accountability, job proficiency, and staff development.
- Responsible for documenting regular supervision and work product audits for direct reports.
- Responsible for leading team to meet outcomes established by Pathways.
- Ensure that employees supervised by this position complete their job duties on a timely basis and in a professional manner and within RCCL Standards, TDFPS Contract requirements, and Pathways Policies.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving case-related documentation such as Service Plans, Incident Reports, and Case Notes.
- Responsible for development of Crisis Management plans in order to; ensure the safety of children placed, reduce placement breakdowns, and support positive outcomes for children.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving placements in foster homes on direct report's caseloads.
- Responsible for participation and/or initializing advocacy for children and families with Pathways. This can include working with TDFPS Management Staff, School Personnel, and Courts.
- Attends staff meetings, conference, workshops, seminars, and any other programs to assure that 20 hours of continuing education a year is completed. Responsible for the implementation of Pathways philosophy and all Pathways training received.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- High organizational abilities
- Knowledge of child development, behavior and discipline, family systems and dynamics, and regulations and laws applicable to private youth agencies.
- Ability to assess needs and develop appropriate service plans for foster parent and children in substitute care. .
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with referring counties and courts.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team to set outcomes.
Education & Experience:
At least a Bachelor's level degree in human services field with at least 3 years related experience, Licensed Child Placement Agecy Administrator (LCPAA) preferred.
Pathways Youth and Family Services, Inc. is a Texas-based non-profit social services organization dedicated to creating environments where children and families thrive. We provide a wide array of social services including adoption, foster care, counseling, therapy and other in-home services. Founded in 1992, Pathways has 11 locations across the state of Texas including 2 residential facilities.
Sun, 4 Jun 2017 10:19:10 PDT