8AM - 5PM
$84,500 - $125,500
The Senior Investigator will oversee, initiate, and conclude investigations assigned by the Associate Vice Chancellor and Chief Compliance Officer. Understands and interprets complex policies and regulations governing staff, faculty, and students. Ensures that investigations are carried out in compliance with Whistleblower and Whistleblower Protection policy, as well as Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity, Title IX, and other regulations and policies. Assists and advises Associate Vice Chancellor and other Campus Compliance Office staff on investigative matters.
Ability to extract, verify, compile and develop recommendations related to ethics and compliance programs, issues, policies and procedures.
Thorough understanding of the interrelationship of procedures and desired results.
Ability to present complex issues in a clear and concise manner, both in writing and verbally for presentation or review by senior leadership.
Is able to apply appropriate policies and practices in the completion of ethics and compliance assignments. Skills in critical decision making.
Advanced knowledge of the ethics and compliance profession, theories and systems of internal control, and professional compliance and investigations standards.
Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills to work independently with all levels of University personnel, including management and faculty, and to facilitate agreement on issues and corrective actions.
In-depth abilities in collaboration, facilitation, and strategic and creative thinking.
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Demonstrated critical thinking skills and ability to implement strategic policy recommendations.
Superior knowledge of state and federal statutes, laws and regulations, industry standards, trends and/or regulatory requirements in expertise subject area.
Demonstrated professionalism, discretion and judgement through sound decision-making to obtain solutions through collaborative efforts with a wide-variety of offices and departments.
Broad and thorough knowledge of University ethics and compliance policies, procedures and programs.
Ability work calmly under pressure and maintain excellent working relationships.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview