Shift Lead - Caribou Coffee
Shift Lead - Caribou Coffee
Food Service Supervisor
Dining-Retail - 163710
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm; with some weekends and overtime as necessary
Join the University of North Texas Retail Dining Services department where fresh is "in"! All of our food is prepared fresh in our kitchens using local vendors and farms - no convenience foods. Our Dining Services department includes a nationally acclaimed vegan cafeteria, faculty and staff meal plans, and dining halls open to the community. All menu planning is done in-house by each kitchen's chef and fresh ice cream and baked goods are made on campus. Our future plans include a farm on campus to provide as many sustainable options as possible. To our staff, eating local is not just an attitude, it's our way of life.
To learn more about working for UNT Dining, please watch our 93 second video: http://www.dining.unt.edu/ourstory
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
The Retail Dining Services department is seeking to hire a Food Service Supervisor to join their team. This position is responsible for brand compliance, training, and supervision of in-house and national brand operations in Retail Dining Services. This requires strict supervision and training of staff to make sure food is ordered, cooked/prepared, and served as required in contracts for in-house and national Brands.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Supervision of full-time and part-time employees in the on-campus national retail brand operations (such as Taco Bell, Chick fil A, Starbucks, or Market Grill) to uphold brand contract compliance
* Reviews recipes and maintains production schedules through proper pre-pep, batch preparation, and cooking
* Follows recipes using correct products, ingredients, and methods
* Assist with the training of new employees in the area
* Operates cash register, maintains cooking equipment, and maintains inventory control while ensuring food safety and delivering a high-demand product
* Provide high-quality customer service
* Support, enforce, and practice UNT policies, procedures, and mission statement
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a High school diploma/GED equivalent and two years of experience in institutional or commercial food preparation, including one year supervisory experience. Substitution of education for experience allowed. Must be Food Safe Certified or able to get certification within 6 months. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions
* Ability to direct and manage the work of others
* Ability to work from written menus, standard recipes and oral instructions
* Ability to maintain records and complete forms accurately
* Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks (example: checking orders for quantity).
* Considerable knowledge of the materials, methods, and equipment used in preparing food on a large scale
* Considerable knowledge of health hazards in food preparation and service, and knowledge of necessary precautionary measures
* Knowledge of food values and menu planning.
* Ability to obtain a Health Certificate as issued by the Denton City-County Health Department.
* Ability to perform work involving standing, stooping, lifting and use of utensils and equipment relating to food service operations.
* Ability to train personnel in the care and use of equipment and in standard practices and methods used in large-scale food service
* Knowledge of appropriate safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed
* Must have or be able to quickly develop expertise in assigned area of responsibility.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Able to follow and have knowledge of National Brands
* Food Service Supervisor Experience
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting