- Responsible for ensuring all products are within Food Safety and Quality guidelines of the company.
- Responsible for developing and enforcing Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) systems, validating processes, providing documentation and working closely with Production.
- Accomplishes quality control human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves quality control operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing to production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations.
- Review and approve Quality Control Documents, HACCP and Certificates of Analyses.
- Involved in disposition of Raw/Finished/Returned Products and applying "Q" Status in the company database system. Apply deviation Reports with Holds that deal with HACCP plans.
- Manage and maintain SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), Change Control, Test methods, Protocols and Reports.
- Responsible for ongoing employee training activities designed to keep employees knowledgeable and informed of SOPs, methods, and Good Manufacturing Procedures.
- Works with plant production manager and shipping and receiving department to assure compliance with company policy, current SOP's and GMP.
- Ensure Quality System compliance to relevant regulations and standards.
- Acts as liaison with 3rd party inspectors (FDA, USDA, OSHA, 3rd Party Audits).
- Attend daily management meetings. In absence of QC Manager the QC Supervisor must attend daily management meetings. Any issues regarding quality and food safety of the product must be presented at the meeting so necessary decisions can be take regarding functions of the department.
*Food background a plus*SQF Certified*HACCP Certified*Process School for Acidifed*
Lotito Foods is a manufacturer and distributor of Italian cheese (grated, shredded and cubed) as well as Sun Dried Tomatoes, Bruschetta, and various Sauces.
Sat, 3 Jun 2017 08:59:27 PDT