Web Application Developer
Colorado Interactive, a subsidiary of NIC Inc., the nation's leading provider of eGovernment services (NASDAQ: EGOV), is seeking a Web Applications Developer to help with designing and implementing new web applications and enhancements to existing web-based projects and service implementations for the state of Colorado's web portal ( www.colorado.gov ).
• Collaboration with PMO to define requirements and use cases for a new application or enhancement to an existing application.
• Designing and implementing new web applications and enhancements to existing web applications.
• Development of unit tests and functional tests for web applications.
• Generation of technical documentation and support procedure documentation.
• Code reviews
• Preparation of production deployment plans for new release of applications.
• Development of standalone processes for support purposes or for scheduled delivery of required business artifacts.
• Periodic assistance with diagnosing production issues with an application.
• Should have 3-5 years of experience developing web applications in a java based environment
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team involving project managers, designers and QA.
• Ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities in a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to contribute to advancements in process documentation and advancement of tools used in the development and support processes.
• Java based web development using the servlet API or standard java MVC frameworks.
• Solid understanding of databases, including the ability to construct complex SQL queries, creation and modification tables, understanding of constraints and a basic understanding of query optimization (preferably in oracle).
• Strong knowledge of JDBC or Hibernate
• Web service production and consumption (REST/SOAP)
• High level understanding of networking concepts
• Understanding of web application security principles
• Ability to work comfortably in a *nix environment and solid command line skills
• Experience with JUnit or TestNG
• Version control experience with Git, Mercurial or Subversion
• Ability to create and modify shell scripts
• Knowledge of Perl or Python
• Experience building E-Commerce applications.
• Knowledge of Spring Frameworks
• Experience Developing in an Agile Environment
• Competitive compensation program
• No-cost group medical/dental insurance
• Stock purchase plan
• Matching 401(k) contributions with 100% vesting
• Disability insurance
• Life insurance
• Company wellness program
• Casual and fun office environment
• Paid State holidays and vacation
• Tuition reimbursement
NIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, to view our Equal Opportunity policy, visit http://www.egov.com/careers
Do you want to work for a company that makes lives easier every day? Are you interested in developing innovative technologies to improve government?
Then NIC is the perfect place for you! NIC works every day to make government more accessible and efficient for all. We are the leading provider of digital government solutions for more than 4,500 federal, state, and local agencies in the United States. Forbes has even named NIC as one of the 100 Best Small Companies in America several years in a row. Come work for one of the best, and together we'll make good government great.
Sat, 3 Jun 2017 10:59:04 PDT