Mechanical Engineer Manager
Applies a thorough knowledge of current principles and practices of engineering as related to the variety of aspects affecting their organization. Applies knowledge and expertise acquired through progressive experience to resolve crucial issues and/or unique conditions. Keeps informed of new methods and developments affecting their organizations and makes recommendations new practices or changes in emphasis of programs. Works on programs of limited complexity and scope.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides design leadership with overall responsibility for the development of new products from concept and the transition into production.
- Performs complex design and research tasks.
- Responsible for a complete project, system, component or process. Prepares complete project documents to include designing and conducting experiments and analyzing and interpreting testing data to formulate and solve design problems.
- Assigns tasks to and directs to a team. Plans and coordinates detailed aspects of the engineering work. Prepares scopes, budgets, and schedules for projects
- Provides direction on key objectives. Provides guidance when necessary on unconventional or complex problems, modified techniques, and new approaches on assignments with conflicting criteria.
- Ability to analyze complex, non-routine engineering tasks. Possess expert knowledge of engineering concepts, moderate to strong analytical and communication skills.
- Use of independent judgment and creativity applied to resolution of engineering tasks.
- Exhibit a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness. Applies and/or develops highly advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts.
- Receives administrative supervision with assignments given in terms of broad general objectives and limits.
- Adheres to all quality and safety standards.
- Supports other projects and performs duties as assigned.
- Does supervise a staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree, in Engineering preferred.
- 5 years engineering experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and problem solve.
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate effectively with management and personnel at all levels.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work a varied schedule, willing to work overtime when necessary.
- Possesses strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in standard business software packages (e.g., Microsoft Office).
- Power generation engineering experience preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is accomplished in a typical office environment with adequate environmental (heating/cooling) control. The noise level in the work environment is moderate due to noises associated with computer equipment and environmental control systems.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
- Access to operations and manufacturing areas may involve exposure to loud noises, dust, fumes, oils, and fluctuations in temperature.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Performs all work in accordance with safety and workmanship and good housekeeping specifications.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee alternates between sitting and standing/walking for long periods of time.
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
- New employee safety orientation and training on special tools or software required for job performance.
Contact: James Shih (201) 843-4400 ext. 225
HEPCO is an Engineering, IT, Telecommunications and Executive staffing company that works on both contract and permanent assignments. Whether you are a talented professional who would like to explore new opportunities, or a manager in need of additional support, you can count on HEPCO to provide you with world class customer service. HEPCO is committed to building long term relationships with both our clients and the professionals we place on specific client assignments.
Sat, 3 Jun 2017 08:08:45 PDT