VP Manufacturing (Personal and Home Care Products)
The VP Manufacturing will be responsible for providing direction to the execution of quality product manufacturing at our manufacturing and distribution facilities. We are manufacturing various types of OTC Care, Personal Care & Home Care Products and associated chemicals. This position will be responsible for overall operations to include: administration and management of Manufacturing, Engineering, Warehousing and Distribution, Security, Environmental Health and Safety at our multiple locations. Reports to the COO.
- Manufacture of products, with focus on meeting customer demand & customer service levels, quality of production, and manufacturing cost standards.
- Analyze regular business & promotional forecasts and provide sufficient manufacturing capacity to achieve business plans as presented by Supply Planning function
- Establish priorities, balance demand for time and effort, set intervals and monitor results for all areas of work to ensure specific commitments and standards are achieved
- Maximize the utilization of manufacturing resources through rigorous review of production processes and evaluation of in-house and outsourcing opportunities.
- Drive productivity value analysis
- Develop and maintain a favorable work environment for hourly Associates and Exempt/Salaried non-exempt employees.
- Responsible for the preparation of departmental budgets, standards and the tracking and accomplishment of business operations.
- Implement all state and federal regulatory procedures (FDA, OSHA, EPA, etc.) that relate to safety programs and good manufacturing practices.
- Implement and monitor control measures to identify potential issues and take corrective action
- Analyze and resolve site manufacturing-related issues.
- Develop and implement strategic improvements to plant and procedures, including the development and implementation of long-term capital planning.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and act as the catalyst for business improvement.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional departments in the successful achievement of objectives, including: Distribution, Engineering, Continuous Improvement, Package Development & Engineering, R&D/Quality, Supply Planning, Procurement, Finance, Information Management and Human Resources.
- Establish business objectives and annual performance metrics. Recruit, onboard and ensure new hires are trained to effectively perform responsibilities and develop skills.
- Maintain a flexible trained workforce to meet fluctuating demands.
- Provide quality fact-based performance management feedback/reviews, coaching and periodic career discussions.
- Ensure operations and company training implemented, as necessary.
- Bachelors' Degree in Engineering, MBA in Business preferred or Equivalent Experience.
- Minimum of 15 years of management experience, with 10+ years at a senior management level in manufacturing operations in a Multi-site Plant Manager capacity required.
- Experience in a Pharmaceutical/Personal Care/Home Care product manufacturing environment a must.
- Seasoned experience in all facets of manufacturing operations including: NonWovens, Slitting folding and packaging, Bulk Processing, Filling/Assembly, Warehousing, Continuous Improvement.
- Strong understanding and experience with overseeing equipment maintenance and increasing uptime and efficiencies.
- Experience in determining and recommending capital investments and preparing justifications.
- Experience in CPG high volume/high, high SKU, multi-shift, multi-plant manufacturing environment.
- Solid finance and cost accounting acumen.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership & managerial skills.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Collaboration skills.
- Creative problem solving skills.
At this time there is no budget for out of town candidates to interview or relocate.
Manufacturer of Personal and Home Care Productsu
Sat, 3 Jun 2017 10:55:21 PDT