Assembly Supervisor - Second Shift
Position Summary: Lead a group of fewer than 25 people performing assembly operations, primarily doors for all-steel cabs which have a large number of very light, light or average weight parts, by performing a wide variety of fitting, assembly and alignment procedures. Assign work. Perform any variety of operations within group to maintain workflow. Has full departmental authority in manager's absence.
Essential Job Functions:
- Follow all safety procedures and always work in a safe manner.
- Assign work according to the production schedule, and as directed by the Department Manager.
- Establish and direct the sequence of production operations, with direction from the Department Manager.
- Help ensure that the production equipment is in good repair. Perform minor equipment repair and maintenance.
- Communicate with other internal departments to maintain production flow.
- Expedite incoming components, and stack/store the completed subassemblies for packing on the first shift.
- Act as a resource for management, providing information related to the nightly production runs, shipping concerns, manpower concerns, etc.
- Provide supervision and training as required to develop the skills of employees.
- Be responsible for all departmental safety including new employee training and retraining, the wearing of required personal protective equipment, accident/ incident investigation and reporting, physical hazard inspections, maintenance of safety devices/equipment, and recommending rotating members for the safety committee.
- When not performing supervisory or shipping duties, perform regular assembly duties and other departmental duties as required.
Education: Associate Degree or 8 years of related experience.
Experience: 8 years experience as a Department Supervisor in a manufacturing setting.
Skills: Must be able to effectively communicate project statuses, goals, and objectives with the workforce and management.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Work under minimal supervision and be responsible for interviews, select employees; train; plan, schedule, and assign work; evaluate performance; and take disciplinary action with the guidance of the HR Manager.
Equipment to be used: Standard office equipment, hand tools, hand power tools, fork truck.
Physical Demands: Standing, bending and reaching. Relatively mid to high noise level. Must wear earplugs, safety glasses and steel toe shoes. Manual dexterity required to operate equipment. Normal range of vision and hearing.
Salary: $47,000 to $55,000 USD.
Mental Demands: Ability to analyze and understand many variables and choose the most effective course of action for the organization as it relates to the objectives of the production schedule. Must be creative and handle diverse issues almost daily. Conflict resolution. Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, strong attention span, ability to listen and perceive underlying problems and bring issues to successful conclusion.
Working Conditions: Occasional overtime or odd hours. Factory setting.
Curtis Industries, LLC is a Leader in quality cab enclosures for Compact Tractors, Golf Cars, and UTV/Powersports Vehicles located in Worcester, Massachusetts.
This exciting opportunity exists in a rapidly growing, vibrant manufacturing company in Worcester, MA. Based on successfully executing on our growth strategy, Curtis Industries LLC is experiencing extraordinary growth in our business of providing cab enclosures, snow control products, and accessories for the tractor, utility vehicle, and golf car markets. We are ISO 9001:2008 certified and looking to stretch beyond the requirements of the standard to use elements of our QMS as a competitive advantage.
EOE/ADA/Drug Free Employer. No phone calls please.
Sat, 3 Jun 2017 06:40:40 PDT