Executive Director of New Business Development and Corporate Outreach
The Executive Director of New Business Development and Corporate Outreach will have a proactive and entrepreneurial role in raising the stature and visibility of the executive programs in support of strategic initiatives of the Zicklin School of Business. His or her primary objective will be to grow sales revenue for the Zicklin School of Business by marketing new customized and open enrollment programs.
This position reports to the Associate Dean for Executive Programs, and duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The Director will develop and implement strategies to generate new sales and new programs to be offered by the Executive Programs Department of the Zicklin School of Business (ZSB).
- For customized corporate programs, the Director will build new relationships with corporations to help them identify their learning needs and develop and deliver ZSB solutions, thus increasing sales revenues in non-degree programs, as well as potentially in degree programs.
- For open enrollment, non-degree programs, the Director will work closely with Baruch faculty and external experts to identify market opportunities, develop, and launch programs oriented toward the corporate market that will result in increased sales.
- The Director will have primary oversight for the successful delivery of the portfolio of existing corporate custom and open-enrollment programs.
- The Director will serve as an integral part of the team and is expected to join the active efforts of all members to support the department's growth and success across its activities.
- Defining and implementing both a B2B and B2C sales strategy across the portfolio.
- Providing input towards and implementing marketing plans for sales of individual programs and activities.
- Implementing and piloting a prospect qualification process, including ability to report on transformation rates.
- Operating and leveraging the prospect qualification process to drive enrollment and program activity from cold calling to up-selling.
- Leading benchmark exercises with a view towards ensuring best practices in the industry.
- Defining a market segmentation tool to help define and identify the market.
- Identifying and exploiting sales channels by relying upon defined market segmentation.
- Building a corporate sales practice across the portfolio.
- Developing/making use of appropriate CRM tools.
- Developing and growing corporate client relationships with a view towards maximizing enrollments and expanding program activities through cross and up-selling.
- Representing ZSB corporate education at relevant industry and corporate events.
- Sharing market intelligence with key internal stakeholders (marketing, academic innovation. etc.) to ensure relevance of programs and identifying needs for program development.
- Reporting, evaluating, and forecasting sales activity.
- Identifying and sharing opportunities for ZSB to expand its relationship with the business community as a means of generating revenue for the school.
- Managing corporate client relationships as the primary point of contact and knowledge of the organization.
- Supporting career opportunities for current executive students and alumni of the executive programs.
The statements above describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
This position is in CUNY's Executive Compensation Plan. All executive positions require a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience.
A master's degree in a business-related discipline or the equivalent in business experience preferred. Eight years of related experience in sales, business development, or other revenue-generating role in the corporate or non-profit sector.
A strong candidate will have (1) experience in executive education or an externally facing business role in a university (e.g. placement alumni relations, etc.) or in corporate learning; (2) experience building and managing a team; and (3) business acumen and an understanding of financial data, metrics, and P&L; benchmarks as well as project evaluation skills.
The Executive Director must have a proven ability to develop corporate relationships, to manage projects from contract to delivery and to work with other professionals whose responsibilities also engage the corporate market in ZSB's alumni, development. and placement functions. Strong presentation, analytical and market strategy skills are a must. The successful candidate should be resourceful, collaborative and committed to the school's mission. Experience as part of a start-up team is desirable.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
July 2, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Executive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Baruch College
Job Title: Executive Director of New Business Development and Corporate Outreach
Job ID: 16818
Full/Part Time: Full-Time