College Laboratory Technician-Technical Theatre (Dept. of Performing & Fine Arts, York College/CUNY
Performs highly-skilled laboratory functions and other technical duties in support of coursework.
- Sets up, maintains, and organizes student laboratories
- Assists students with setting up experiments and other learning exercises, and with the use of equipment and materials
- Maintains appropriate safety and hygiene standards
- Maintains required documentation related to laboratory activities
- Manages equipment and materials inventories.
Job Title Name: College Laboratory Technician
College Laboratory Technician
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Theater discipline, one of five disciplines within the Performing and Fine Arts Department, is seeking a full-time College Laboratory Technician (CLT). Reporting to the Theater Arts Coordinator, with additional oversight from the P&FA; Department Chair, the CLT will, in addition to the CUNY Title Overview, be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Supervise and provide basic instruction of student crews associated with the Theater Program
- Supervise scenery production, support needs of faculty and students for production sets
- assist with the coordination and scheduling of student construction planning alongside faculty.
- Support the running of technical rehearsals for student-run productions
- Oversight of safety requirements and standards.
High School Diploma with a minimum of four years' related experience. Additional education may be used to meet the experience requirement: an Associate degree may be substituted for two years experience, and a Bachelor's degree may be substituted for four years experience.
Compensation for this position is commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application online through this job board as follows:
Go to www.cuny.edu
Select "Apply Now" then create or login to a user account and provide the requested information.
Click on Job Postings on CUNYfirst
Click Search job listings
Click on More search options
Search by Job Opening ID number 16891
Click on the Apply Now button. You will be prompted to log in or to create an account.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must include a cover letter,
CV/resume, and contact information for three references (email and telephone). Please upload these as ONE document in doc, rtf, or pdf format.
Closing Date - July 1, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: York College
Job Title: College Laboratory Technician-Technical Theatre (Dept. of Performing & Fine Arts, York College/CUNY)
Job ID: 16891
Full/Part Time: Full-Time