Administrative Coordinator - CUNY Institute of Mexican Studies
Lehman College is looking for an Administrative Coordinator for the Jaime Lucero Mexican Studies Institute. Reporting to the Associate Director, the Coordinator will provide administrative and program support to this administrative and academic institute, by coordinating department operations and assisting in its management. The Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for creating schedules; handling communications; and assigning, training, and supervising part-time staff, interns, and volunteers. This person will be responsible for tracking income and expenses of the institute and its programs; maintaining budgets; performing purchasing, accounting, and payroll activities; and preparing and generating financial reports on a regular basis to different stakeholders.
The Administrative Coordinator will prepare complex statistical reports and related charts and graphs. This person is responsible for the day-to-day running of the office, by preparing and coordinating the distribution of informational and recruitment materials. In addition, this person is responsible for archiving all documents following CUNY procedures, keeping records of all events coordinated and co-sponsored by the institute, including those of various initiatives and grants.
Other duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinates and organizes materials for key events.
- Performs miscellaneous clerical, administrative, research or other work related to the institute's operation.
- Responsible for the facilities reservation of all institute events; liaisons with CUNY Central and other campuses' facilities; and coordinates logistics during different events, including brochures and flyers.
Evening hours and some weekends are required.
Bachelor's Degree required.
These professional and business core competencies are highly preferred:
- Demonstrated ability to apply a sound knowledge of best practices related management of files and records, including preservation and protection (familiarity with FERPA guidelines)
- Demonstrated experience in student management and development in a higher education environment with diverse student populations
- Strong presentation, verbal and interpersonal skills to successfully work with and present to diverse stakeholders in both English and Spanish
- Strong work ethic, character and personal integrity when dealing with sensitive documents
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, writing and editing skills
- Experience supervising office staff; demonstrated ability to work as a team player
- Ability to work well in student-centered, time-sensitive, dynamic and responsive office
- Computer proficiency using standard office software programs and applications
- Familiarity with CUNY First management of requisitions
- Bookkeeping and advanced MS Excel knowledge
- Fully bilingual Spanish/English
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
For technical issues:
Contact the service desk by email: email@example.com. If you can, provide screenshots. Please do not provide your User Account password; it is not needed to investigate any issue.
For other questions:
For questions about the content of any job posting, please contact the Human Resources department: Recruiting@lehman.cuny.edu.
Open until filled with the review of applications to begin July 3, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Lehman College
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator - CUNY Institute of Mexican Studies
Job ID: 16876
Full/Part Time: Full-Time