Web and Digital Communications Specialist (Comm Broadcast Multimedia Production Specl)
CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking for a seamless way to finish or transition into a bachelor's degree, earn a master's degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers.
Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited online degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Web and Digital Communications Specialist is responsible for creating compelling content to maximize the development of the CUNY SPS website and other digital marketing assets to effectively communicate the School's identity, mission, and key messages in coordination with the Marketing Department.
The Web and Digital Communications Specialist will:
- Produce web-appropriate content and develop content strategy for School's website that incorporates best practices in web writing and search optimization.
- Make updates and improvements to the website including functionality, navigation, and look and feel as appropriate.
- In order to evaluate strategy and content, work with marketing and outside digital vendors to generate digital campaign tracking reports to enhance the School's Google Analytic platform across its website, digital, and social media platforms.
- Produce content for the School's website using the Drupal Content Management System (CMS).
- Create powerful and relevant web and digital content.
- Work with departments to update and develop web pages and sections.
- Monitor website for outdated information, broken links, and technical issues and work to correct them with hosting service.
- Assess effectiveness and usability of the School website and recommend website changes as necessary.
Bachelor's degree and four years' related experience required.
- Expertise in web communications.
- Understanding of web trends and digital media.
- Experience working collaboratively and proactively with departments to communicate their webpage
needs to related entities.
- Strong news sense, excellent storytelling skills, thorough knowledge of grammar and style and
excellent copyediting skills.
- Strong computer skills required; proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and
- Demonstrated organizational skills and proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience working in a Drupal environment a plus.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, demanding and complex work
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Occasional night and weekend hours may be required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides expertise in digital and visual communications to support and advance the College's multimedia presence.
- Researches and identifies new multimedia platforms that advance College programs and initiatives
- Works closely with management to understand and produce effective message elements
- Creates and aligns various communication work products such as video, digital formats, layouts, graphics, web pages, and microsites to ensure consistency and effective messaging
- Assesses, enhances and manages the user experience on digital platforms including social media
- Collaborates with graphic designers, webmasters, and other information technology professionals to create comprehensive broadcast and multimedia communications
- Procures required internal and external resources and services and manages their utilization
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for
this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter and three professional references (name, title,
organization, and contact information).
July 2, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: School of Professional Studies
Job Title: Web and Digital Communications Specialist (Comm Broadcast Multimedia Production Specl)
Job ID: 16886
Full/Part Time: Full-Time