Carpenter - Temporary
- Under supervision, does installation and repair work involving rough, finish and general carpentry; performs related work.
- Installs, repairs, and replaces flooring, partitions, window frames and sashes, door frames and doors, and other related components of buildings and structures.
- Installs repairs and replaces boardwalks, fences and screens.
- Builds and repairs tool boxes, movable and fixed sashes, doors and wooden office furniture, playground, park and school equipment.
- Builds and rebuilds wooden components of trucks.
- Is familiar with, uses, and operates both hand and power tools and equipment.
- Works from blueprints and drawings.
- Maintains and accesses job related records and information utilizing manual and electronic systems.
- May supervise assigned personnel.
- Follows all appropriate safely procedures in the performance of assigned tasks.
- Five (5) years of full-time satisfactory experience as a Carpenter acquired within the last 10years; OR
- Three (3) years of experience as described in (1) above, plus sufficient training of a relevant nature acquired in an approved trade or vocational high school or an apprenticeship program to make up a total of five (5) years of acceptable experience. Six (6) months of acceptable experience will be credited for each year of approved trade or vocational school training.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Access CUNYfirst Portal
Open until filled with review of resumes to begin June 20, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Borough of Manhattan CC
Job Title: Carpenter - Temporary
Job ID: 16910
Full/Part Time: Full-Time