University HR Operations Coordinator - Retiree Health Insurance Coordinator
The University Benefits Office administers all employee benefits programs available to CUNY employees and retirees. The Office seeks a Retiree Health Insurance Coordinator to support the Retiree Health functions for its portfolio of benefit plans, programs, and services. The Coordinator will collaborate with New York City Office of Labor Relations (NYC OLR) to process 200-300 retiree health insurance applications and assist with setting up payment for insurance. This position will focus on coordination of Medicare Part B Reimbursement Program for over 2,500 TIAA retirees and their 800 spouses/dependents and verify all Retirees/dependents are eligible for Medicare Part B. The position reports to the Director of Benefits Programs.
Other key responsibilities include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Responsible for all correspondence (mail, email, phone) with Retirees, their dependents and executors of estates/wills.
- Process retro reimbursements for the prior three year period ensuring all data is received by New York City Office of Labor Relations for timely processing.
- Coordinate outreach to all Retirees who may not be taking advantage of the Medicare Reimbursement Program.
- Assist Adjunct Health Coordinator with semester enrollments/terminations including verifying eligibility with campuses.
- Collaborate with campus Benefits Officers to ensure all applications are in order to enroll new retirees in health insurance coverage with NYC OLR and appropriate welfare funds.
- Process COBRA enrollments for adjuncts.
Bachelor's degree required.
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Two years' experience in HR, specifically in Benefits enrollment.
- Knowledge and understanding of employee benefits plans, practices, procedures, and documentation, plus relevant Federal and State laws preferred.
- Preferred experience managing large databases.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel and Access plus standard office software programs.
- Excellent customer service skills preferably in Higher Education environment.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and follow-through skills to prioritize work, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines in a time-sensitive office.
- High degree of personal integrity to work and handle documents with the utmost discretion, maintain confidentiality, and safeguard employee information.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, writing, editing, proofreading, and communication skills.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides information and services supporting the University's Human Resources functions.
- Provides day-to-day administration of assigned programs, functions, or activities
- Provides accurate information and timely customer service when investigating and resolving inquiries involving issues such as service providers or systems
- Assists with communications, such as information sessions, in multiple formats covering human resources programs, policies, and processes
- Coordinates information systems and prepares reports on various aspects of human resources programs and functions, ensuring adherence to internal controls and standards
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
For full consideration, submit a focused cover letter and rsum addressing how your experience and credentials fulfill the responsibilities and qualifications outlined.
The direct link to the job opening from external sources is:
June 22, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Central Office
Job Title: University HR Operations Coordinator - Retiree Health Insurance Coordinator
Job ID: 16897
Full/Part Time: Full-Time