Painter - Temporary
- Under supervision, does inside and outside patching and painting of a general nature, including all coats, performs related work.
- Works on and from ladders, platforms and scaffolds as jobs may require.
- Erects ladders.
- May rig lines and scaffolds.
- Prepares, fills and primes surfaces for painting.
- Mixes paint components and matches colors.
- Applies paint with a brush, roller or spray gun to surfaces.
- Applies plasters to surfaces.
- Takes proper care of all materials, tools and equipment.
- Keeps work records as required.
- May operate a motor vehicle in the performance as assigned duties.
- Five years of full-time satisfactory experience as a painter acquired within the last fifteen years; OR
- At least three years of experience as described in 1 above and sufficient full-time satisfactory apprentice painter experience to make up a total of five years of acceptable experience. Six months of acceptable experience will be credited for each year of apprentice painter experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Access CUNYFirst Portal
Open until filled with review of resumes to begin June 20, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Borough of Manhattan CC
Job Title: Painter - Temporary
Job ID: 16911
Full/Part Time: Full-Time