Scholarship Program Coordinator - CUNY Institute of Mexican Studies
Lehman College is looking for an Administrative Coordinator to serve as Scholarship Program Coordinator (SPC) of the Jaime Lucero Mexican Studies Institute. Reporting to the Associate Director, the SPC will provide administrative and program support to this administrative and academic institute, by overseeing the Becari@s Program (scholarship program) operations and managing its budgets. The SPC will be responsible for creating schedules, communications, intake surveys, training, and supervising the Becari@s, interns, and volunteers. This person will be responsible for keeping track of the income and expenses of the CUNY Becari@s program, managing budgets, purchasing, accounting, stipends and preparing and generating financial reports on a regular basis to different stakeholders.
The Scholarship Program Coordinator (SPC) will prepare complex statistical reports and related charts and graphs. S/he will assist with drafting grant proposals to procure funds from different City Agencies and International Foundations. This person is responsible for the day-to-day running of Becari@s program, by preparing and coordinating the distribution of informational and recruitment materials; delivering workshops at NYC High schools, CBOs, and the like to promote the scholarship. In addition, this person is responsible for archiving all documents following CUNY procedures, keeping records of internship sites, mentors, and hours of service and all other required responsibilities scholarship recipients. The SPC is responsible to create and/or submit reports on different grants.
In addition, the Scholarship Program Coordinator will promote leadership and team building within the Becari@s network. By coordinating each year's pre-orientation and orientation as a weekend retreat and follow-up monthly seminars. The SPC organizes fundraisers for the program. Effectively coordinates with all CUNY Campuses to have the CUNY Becari@s program listed in the different commencement programs.
Other duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees Becari@s program operations and assists management in planning department activities, creating schedules, assigning staff and preparing and delivering department communications.
- Coordinates and organizes materials for key events to promote the scholarship program.
- Performs miscellaneous clerical, administrative, research or other work related to the institute's operation.
- Responsible for the facilities reservation of institute events; liaisons with CUNY Central and other campuses' facilities; and coordinates logistics during different events.
- Provides information to CUNY Central about scholarship recipients and coordinates with all Bursar offices each term and different financial offices.
Evening hours and some weekends are required.
Bachelor's Degree required.
These professional and business core competencies are highly preferred:
- Demonstrated ability to apply a sound knowledge of best practices related management of files and records, including preservation and protection (familiarity with FERPA guidelines)
- Demonstrated experience in student management and development in a higher education environment with diverse student populations
- Strong presentation, verbal and interpersonal skills to successfully work with and present to diverse stakeholders in both English and Spanish
- Strong work ethic, character and personal integrity when dealing with sensitive documents
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, writing and editing skills in English and Spanish
- Experience supervising office staff; demonstrated ability to work as a team player
- Ability to work well in student-centered, time-sensitive, dynamic and responsive office
- Computer proficiency using standard office software programs and applications
- Familiarity with CUNYFirst management of requisitions
- Bookkeeping and advanced MS Excel knowledge
- Fully bilingual Spanish/English
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
For technical issues:
Contact the service desk by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you can, provide screenshots. Please do not provide your User Account password; it is not needed to investigate any issue.
For other questions:
For questions about the content of any job posting, please contact the Human Resources department: Recruiting@lehman.cuny.edu.
Open until filled with review of resumes to begin July 3, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Lehman College
Job Title: Scholarship Program Coordinator - CUNY Institute of Mexican Studies
Job ID: 16916
Full/Part Time: Full-Time