General Description of Major Tasks of Position
It is the responsibility of this position, using Advance Product Quality Planning tools to assure new product maturity from product concept through production. Good project management, communications & teamwork with other departments is of high priority. The position will also provide manufacturing support to help achieve quality goals through problem solving and continuous improvement activities, such as 5S, Kaizen, lean methods, etc. This position requires some travel primarily within North America.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads APQP activities during new model development to assure smooth product launch.
- Responds to quality problems by facilitating the identification of root causes and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns. Supports the Quality Inspectors to ensure that products and processes comply with relevant requirements.
- Helps determine proper corrective and preventative actions. Helps to develop action plans for problem solving activities. Monitors current quality status and reports results to management.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of Quality Control plans.
- Supports other Quality team members as needed for projects.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Supports QMS development by leading/participating in standardization activities.
Minimum Educational and Work Qualifications
Position requires a Bachelor's degree in Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering or related field. One to three years engineering experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. Experience working with APQP is a must. Proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint, database analysis, metrology, blueprint reading, GD&T, & statistical analysis. Utilize 3D models for measurement and analysis. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business correspondence, technical/product information, policies/procedures and government regulations. Must have good experience with methodical problem solving skills & experienced in lean manufacturing. Ability to complete written forms, write routine complex procedures, reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions at all organizational levels. ASQ Certification would give this candidate a competitive advantage. Familiar with ISO9000, QS9001, TS16949.
Environmental and Working Conditions
Work involves walking, standing, sitting, reaching, etc. Requires near vision, hearing & speaking.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
Yamaha Jet Boat Manufacturing is located in Vonore, Tennessee (Monroe County) on the Tellico Lake at the Tellico West Industrial Park about 45 minutes south of Knoxville. We currently employ 450 people. We offer very competitive pay and a great benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, paid holidays (including MLK day and Presidents Day), STD/LTD and life insurance (paid by the company), medical, dental and vision insurance with very affordable weekly rates to the employee, 401K match of 50 cents/dollar plus profit share , and an employee purchase program on Yamaha products.
Sat, 3 Jun 2017 07:21:17 PDT