Residency Development Coordinator
Salary: $44,200 - $67,500
Title: Residency Development Coordinator
Category: Management and Professional
Department: SOM - Student Affairs
Date Posted: 02/03/2017
Position Information: The Residency Coordinator will assist medical students in the UCR School of Medicine with career plans in their selected specialty or developing alternate career plans, applying for residency programs, advising on residency program requirements and providing student support for medical students. Tracks post-residency process where students matched, applied and re-located. Prepares students for and oversees the Post-Match Supplemental Offer & Acceptance Program (SOAP) process for unmatched medical students. The incumbent will be the main point of contact for the Careers in Medicine program, including assisting medical students on program requirements and providing student support services relevant to the application process. Works with the Student Affairs team to help organize and carry out major events and activities such as Recruitment Day, Orientation Week, graduation ceremonies and various wellness events.
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge of applicable federal and state regulations related to the responsibilities of the position, including Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Working knowledge of admissions requirements for campus/school/college.
Ability to maintain cooperative relationships with schools, universities, community organizations and other institutions.
Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Demonstrated organization and prioritization skills necessary to meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
Working knowledge of concepts, principles and practices of event planning, production and public relations. Organizational ability to coordinate student programs and events.
Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Knowledge and experience working with a diverse student population.
Strong computer proficiency in MS Office applications, online business systems, and online student information systems. Excellent writing skills to produce spreadsheets, reports, instructional brochures, booklets and handout materials as well as for drafting various forms of communication including promotional information, website content, announcements, correspondence, etc.
Working knowledge of UC, and the ability to interpret policies and procedures to prospective applicants and the public.
Working knowledge of academic programs, including curricula, admissions requirements, and financial aid programs at UC.
Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and strong oral presentation skills to communicate with Deans, faculty, staff, students and the public.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview