Assistant Plant Manager
Job Title: ASSISTANT PLANT MANAGER
Reports To: PLANT MANAGER
Location: FRANKLIN, TX
Date: February 2016
Summary: This position will assist the plant manager in daily operations by maximizing operational efficiencies in an effort to meet daily plant requirements as well as serve as the Primary Health and Safety contact to ensure safe operating policies are met at a Headwaters plant site. Duties will include but are not limited to:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1. Assist the plant manager in managing daily onsite operations for disposal, landfill construction, site service work, marketing, special projects and equipment maintenance.
2. Become proficient in utilizing continuous improvement tools to evaluate operations in an effort to identify operational deficiencies and determine corrective measures to improve these deficiencies.
3. Communicate daily with shift supervisors to make sure that onsite resources are efficiently allocated in an effort to minimize costs. This can include monitoring disposal cycle times, minimize equipment idle time, improving marketing cycle times, overseeing equipment maintenance and controlling operational costs.
4. Serve as the primary Health & Safety coordinator for the plant site, assist management in the implementation of safe operating procedures, review as necessary all Health and Safety related documentation for accuracy, assist in the investigations of incidents and coordinate the completion of required paperwork for regulatory / worker compensation agencies.
5. Other duties may be assigned
Headwaters Core Competencies
- Accountability, Decision Making & Action Orientation - Willing to be held personally accountable for actions and results (positive or negative). Responds to opportunities, situations or problems quickly, directly, and independently without prompting from others. Encourages and provides support to others in accepting accountability.
- Achieving Business Results - Places a high priority on achieving results. Improves business performance by communicating the importance of achieving performance results, clarifying the financial implications of decisions, and taking action to optimize resources and work processes.
- Business Acumen - Understands how businesses work. Is knowledgeable in current and potential practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization. Knows the competition and is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace. Accurately forecasts, manages expenses effectively, and maintains profitability.
- Communication - Effectively communicates and establishes business expectations at all levels. Listens, asks questions, and responds appropriately to others, expressing ideas clearly, persuasively, and effectively, and ensures that people get the information they need to do their job. Exhibits mature composure, manages stress and demonstrates resiliency.
- Conflict Management & Resolution - Steps up to conflicts; seeing them as opportunities. Establishes a compelling case for resolving conflict. Focuses on the situation and maintains the relationship. Uses rapport, diplomacy and tact to diffuse high-tension situations.
- Continuous Improvement - Takes initiative to improve methods, processes and practices to achieve business outcomes. Provides the highest quality products and services which meet the needs and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Customer Focus Internal & External - Demonstrates concern for the needs and expectations of customers by making them a high priority, maintaining contact with customers, and using an understanding of customer needs as the basis for decision-making and organizational action.
- Developing & Motivating Others - Creates an environment where people and teams are motivated to do their best and reach their potential while achieving business outcomes. Knows his/her personal strengths, opportunities, weaknesses, and limitations, and demonstrates a commitment to ongoing learning and professional self-development.
- Ethics & Values - Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs at all times. Maintains reputation for being truthful and honest. Is trusted and seen as an individual who keeps confidences, accepts responsibility for mistakes, and doesn't misrepresent him/herself. Honors commitments, represents and communicates information accurately and completely, and aligns behaviors in a way that is consistent with corporate values.
- Flexibility & Adaptability - Adapts management style and behavior to reflect the changing environment and needs of others. Open to change and the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and situations. Responds appropriately for the situation, and is seen as balanced despite conflicting demands. Handles risk and uncertainty resourcefully.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor (B.S.) or associates degree (A.S.) in business management, systems management, project management or related field is strongly preferred. 3 years experience in project management and safety compliance or related field; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Experience and/or training in manufacturing and/or construction is beneficial.
Experience and knowledge in the OSHA and MSHA regulatory field.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software;
Certificates and Licenses: Professional Certifications in Safety.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: YES
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
Position requires wearing standard personal protective equipment and may at times be required to don a respirator or hearing protection.
No business travel will be required during the working week. Office work requires extended periods of sitting and stressful conditions; deadline oriented assignments. Field work may require extended hours, climbing, extended walking while under variable weather and climate conditions.
Headwaters offers a great benefit package that includes:
Vacation ( FTO )
Fri, 2 Jun 2017 06:19:15 PDT