Program Services Intern (Unpaid)
MENTORING TOWARDS COLLEGE (MTC) INTERN
The primary function of this position is to provide support to the Mentoring Towards College program.
- Assist with event planning and execution of events by creating flyers, booking locations, finding presenters, corresponding with participants.
- Collect and process information relevant to program outcomes from program participants.
- Research relevant opportunities including scholarship, summer programs, academic assistance, etc. to include in weekly announcements to participants
- Collect and update information on local colleges and universities and create resource sheets
- Assist with GSU Research grant by working on administrative and direct service tasks
- Research and stay abreast of current trends related to college matriculation (ex. financial aid, applications, standardized testing, etc.)
- Manage correspondence from outside donors and establish relationships with potential donors
- Assist and facilitate workshops and trainings for clients
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the Agency's discretion
Job Requirements and Qualifications
High School Diploma; Enrolled in an Institute of Higher Education
Ability to collect meaningful data and draw solid conclusions required. Ability to relate well in multicultural environments required. Ability to effectively collaborate with others; use time effectively and focus on details required. Must have good administrative, organizational, and customer service skills. Excellent oral and written communications skills reflecting solid customer service both in-person and via the telephone required. Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel required. Excellent interpersonal skills required. Ability to successfully multitask required. Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain its confidentiality. Must be a team player.
Must currently be a student in college in a related field of study i.e. education, counseling, child development, sociology, social work, public policy, etc.
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, and so on):
This position might require some local travel and non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends. Primarily a sedentary position and requires frequent use of the computer and standard office equipment (telephone, copier, fax, and printer). May occasionally require bending, reaching and lifting up to 10 pounds.
Our mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported, one-to-one relationships that change their lives for the better...FOREVER!
You know the name! Big Brothers Big Sisters ("BBBS") was founded for the sole purpose of enriching the lives of children and helping them achieve their full potential through professionally supported mentoring relationships. More than a century later, BBBS remains true to our founders' vision of bringing caring mentors into the lives of children. Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta has been serving the metro area for over 50 years. Our goal is to enrich children's lives and provide a solid foundation to allow the next generation to be all they can be - one child at a time.
Fri, 2 Jun 2017 14:13:02 PDT