EOC Career Job Developer - Brooklyn Educational Opportunity Center
The State University of New York, Brooklyn Educational Opportunity Center, provides tuition free academic and workforce development training to eligible New York State residents, providing a pathway to lifelong learning, college access and economic self-sufficiency.
Under supervision of the Director of Student Services or designee, the EOC Career Advisor/Job Developer provides job development, job preparation, and job placement activities to students seeking employment, and promotes the Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) services to the community and other interested parties.
In addition to the CUNY Title overview, the duties of the EOC Career Advisor/Job Developer include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist and provide resources for students as they explore career and/or job options
- Monitor the academic and career development progress of students
- Assist with the coordination and delivery of workshops and presentations on career development
- Conduct resume and career consultations
- Assist in developing placement opportunities for EOC students in program-related areas
- Assist in planning and organizing employer meetings, job fairs, career days, and other student programs
- Work closely with instructors, advisors and other staff to develop student success strategies
- Conduct follow up services and job verifications
- Maintain accurate records of all services provided
Flexible schedule - day and evening hours
Bachelor's Degree required.
Experience in advising and placing non- traditional students and those with academic deficits, life challenges and barriers to employment preferred. Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills needed; customer service orientation is essential, as is the ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, and students. Proficiency in MS Office required; Experience with academic or career advising software a plus. Knowledge of Banner student information system, a plus. Ability to work a flexible schedule of day and evening hours.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides vocational counseling and career development information to students seeking employment and promotes Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) services to the community and other interested parties.
- Provides training and coaching in basic job search skills
- Assesses transferable skills and interests
- Assists with vocational planning
- Provides referrals to job development training and other resources
- Counsels students with barriers to employment
- Provides follow-up services
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: EOC Career Job Developer
EOC Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Commensurate with qualifications and experience ($35,575 to $48,686).
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Review of resumes may begin October 14, 2016.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: NYC College of Technology
Job Title: EOC Career Job Developer - Brooklyn Educational Opportunity Center
Job ID: 15620
Full/Part Time: Full-Time