Assistant, Child Care
General Statement of Job
To provide lab and/or classroom support services to children, students, and faculty. Performs the duties of Assistant Teacher at the Children's Lab School.
Location Eastview Campus Hours Schedule varies; typically shifts are 7:30-4:30, 8:30-5:30, 8:45-5:45. Salary Assistant 2/111 ($20,854.00 - $29,791.00) FLSA Status Non-Exempt Reports To Manager, Child Care Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Principles and practices of child development and early childhood education.
- Safety practices and procedures as they relate to a child care facility.
- Principals and practices of child care program activities.
- First aid and CPR.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule, which may include evening shifts.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills.
- Providing early childhood care and education.
- Assessing safety of situations.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
Required Work Experience
- Two years related work experience.
Preferred Work Experience
- Two years related work experience in an NAEYC Accredited program.
- Experience working with adult learners.
- Associate degree.
- Required to successfully complete state and FBI criminal background checks, completion of OSHA blood borne pathogen training, and health assessment and TB test prior to employment.
- Required to successfully complete First Aid/CPR certification and Food Handlers certification
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.