TCS Education System
TCS Education System is currently seeking an Advertising Copywriter to join the Marketing department.
Marketing at TCS Education System is top-notch. We are one of the most innovative departments in the industry and take pride in the collaborative, inventive, and highly creative team we've built. Our advertising campaign for Pacific Oaks College was featured in a marketing textbook. Our content marketing work for The Chicago School was recognized as one of the best in the country. And our editorial and design work has made us a finalist in three categories of the Eddie and Ozzie Awards. Check out our portfolio. We are one person short. Could the perfect candidate be you?
The Advertising Copywriter, under the direction of the Director of Marketing Communications, is responsible for transforming ideas into compelling campaign copy to support partner institutions' brand and advertising strategies. They are responsible for developing messaging for paid social media campaigns, radio, print advertisements, websites, fliers, direct mail literature, and admissions support collateral. They take pride in collaborating with key stakeholders to develop accurate and engaging copy that speaks to multiple audiences and meets marketing objectives. They can turn straightforward product descriptions and brand attributes into digestible, evocative messaging that sells.
The ideal candidate will be a confident collaborator who doesn't hesitate to jump in and work alongside team members on projects and tasks of all levels. They will be competent and driven, adept at decision-making and problem-solving, and will have a positive attitude. They will possess initiative and good judgment and will be conscientious and trustworthy. A passion for education is a must.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Master key branding and marketing messages for all brands and products.
- Write, update, fine tune, and proof copy for websites, print advertising campaigns, brand collateral, digital display, social media advertising, radio, direct mail, and other communications as needed.
- Conduct research to develop core messaging strategies for target audiences.
- Interview and manage some client-facing communications to develop smart messaging that is approachable, yet achieves institutional objectives.
- Ensure all content is approved by internal stakeholders, including compliance.
- Contribute to cross-functional departmental projects that result in advertising campaigns, brand collateral, and content marketing products.
- Serve as a brand steward, ensuring the brand is accurately represented throughout all initiatives.
- Assist team members to identify customer journeys, and develop communication programs that provide a clear path to engagement online and through email marketing.
- Present concepts and campaigns to the client on an as needed basis.
- Bachelor's degree or greater in advertising, marketing, writing, journalism, or related concentration.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as an advertising copywriter with practical responsibilities across multiple marketing platforms; agency experience a plus; education experience a plus.
- Thorough understanding of branding principles and tactics throughout multiple forms of media, including video, print, and social media advertising.
- Skilled communicator with excellent verbal, written, presentation skills, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Experience managing a team for high efficiency and productivity.
- Highly creative and solutions-oriented.
- Experience with AP Style a plus.
- Experience with highly-regulated industries a plus.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented with strong project management skills.
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About TCS Education System:
TCS Education System was founded in 2009 as a nonprofit organization with a mission of preparing innovative, engaged, purposeful agents of change who serve our global community.
TCS Education System features a network of specialized institutions, which are backed by a model of education that prepares socially responsible, culturally competent professionals in applied fields such as psychology, law, health care, and education. TCS Education System partners-The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, The Santa Barbara & Ventura Colleges of Law, Pacific Oaks College & Children's School, Dallas Nursing Institute, and Saybrook University-each offer scholarship, training, and service opportunities directed to a specific career path while providing a transformative educational experience.
For more information, visit www.tcsedsystem.edu