Accounting Course Instructors
Open date: December 15th, 2016
Last review date: April 17th, 2017
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: December 14th, 2017
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
This is pool recruitment for online teaching positions that may become available in the Applied Accounting Certificate Program. We are seeking qualified instructors with current knowledge and work experience in the accounting industry who can create an interactive and engaging learning environment for students. Immediate opening for an instructor in Accounting Information Systems.
For more detailed information about Applied Accounting and course descriptions, please visit https://ce.uci.edu/areas/finance/applied_accounting/.
Course topics include:
• Financial Accounting
• Management Accounting
• Accounting in Business
• Intermediate Accounting
• Individual Federal Income Taxation
• Corporate Federal Income Taxation
• Accounting Information Systems
• Advanced Accounting
• Ethics in Accounting
Specific Instructor Duties
• Develop and/or update course syllabi in consultation with the UCI Division of Continuing Education (DCE) Program Director as assigned and using approved syllabus template
• Prepare and deliver course materials and learning assessments in the assigned format (Evening, Daytime, Online, or Hybrid)
• Online instructors will prepare video recorded lectures and/or PowerPoint-style presentations with audio, forum discussions, and webinars, among other things
• Utilize the Canvas Learning Management System as the course support platform
• Communicate teaching objectives and specific learning outcomes to students, and clearly outline the grading policies for the course
• Evaluate student achievement of specific learning outcomes, and assign grades
• Post final student grades to the transcript system by set deadlines
• Respond to student questions and learning needs in a timely manner
• Handle student inquiries about final grades and consult with Director as needed
• Stay current regarding the professional body of knowledge in the field of practice
• Participate in required orientations and complete mandatory training programs by deadlines established by UC Irvine
• Complete required administrative tasks in a timely manner including: completing all hiring paperwork; submitting updated quarterly syllabi; posting bio and photo on the UCI DCE website; signing quarterly contract; ordering required texts; communicating AV and classroom needs
• Employ culturally competent teaching methodologies in the classroom inclusive of both domestic and international student populations
• Allow students to review their final exams/papers for up to 13 months following the last class session
• Use subject-matter expertise and leverage additional resources appropriately to enhance the curriculum (i.e.: make arrangements for guest speakers, etc.)
• Design interactive and motivational classroom activities to fully engage participants and to reinforce student learning
• Update materials periodically, and regularly monitor course evaluations in order to make adjustments and improvements to the curriculum
To apply for this position, please click this link: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF03818
Individuals hired to teach these courses must understand that all such agreements with the University are made on a course-by-course basis and that the Instructor will be made no guarantee of continual involvement with the University in any capacity.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Online
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Instructor Biographical History Form - Please complete the biographical history form by clicking this link: http://ce.uci.edu/pdfs/forms/dce-instructor-application.pdf. Upload the completed form here as an attachment
4-5 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now
More jobs like this
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Arts & Humanities
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Ethnic & Cultural Studies
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Professional Fields
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Business & Management
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Law & Legal Studies