Youth Computer Science Instructor - Vienna VA
Youth Program Instructors teach programming classes to kids and teens within our Generation Code Initiative. This role is responsible for delivering curriculum, creating an engaging learning environment, and student success.
Calling all coders with teaching experience and teachers with coding experience: Strayer's youth coding initiative, Generation Code is hiring! We are looking for passionate educators capable of teaching one or more of the following courses or camps: --
- Scratch Animation and Design (Ages 7-10) - Experience with visual programming platforms such as Scratch, Code.org, etc.
- Scratch Game Design (Ages 7-10) - Experience with visual programming platforms such as Scratch,
- Exploring Hardware and Robots (Ages 9-11) - Experience with Raspberry Pi or Arduino
OVERVIEW OF OUR PROGRAMS
- Details on the Vienna Lab After-School and Saturday Program https://www.generationcode.com/products/the-lab-vienna
- Details on the Vienna Summer Camp Programs https://www.generationcode.com/products/vienna-summer-camps
- Skills Needed:
- Successful delivery of curriculum to students
- Complete classroom management training
- Conduct pre and post assessments
- Complete personal development training
- Be an active advocate for the program and the schools
- Completion of daily Reflection forms
- AA degree required unless you have successfully completed a coding boot camp or certified training.
- 6 months experience as a front-end developer OR equivalent experience.
- Experience as a teacher or other experience working with youth (i.e. advising, mentoring, tutoring, babysitting, etc.)
- STEM programming experience (i.e.: Robotics, MineCraft, Lego MindStorm, Raspberry Pi, or alternative programs of a similar type).
- Strong communication skills
- Must enjoy working with kids and teens and enthusiastically engage the students.
- Jobs based in Fairfax County, VA.
- This is a part time job that requires a 3 month commitment
- Coding classes are scheduled at a range of times throughout the day in a variety of settings, so scheduling is flexible.
*This is part time position for the summer and/or year round with the potential of growing into a more full time role.
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
We€™re honored and proud to announce that Strayer University has been recognized as a 2017 Top Workplace by the Washington Post.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.