Research Specialist Intermediate
Working Title: Research Specialist Intermediate
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Center for Diabetes Technology
The Center for Diabetes Technology (CDT) at the University of Virginia is seeking a Research Specialist to support the Center located at the Fontaine Research Park. The incumbent provides support for research efforts and assists CDT Principal Investigators by organizing data from clinical trials, applying existing data treatments onto data and collating results, and modify treatments as per PIs instruction. In addition, the incumbent participates to project specific and center wide weekly technical meetings.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field. Qualified candidates must have a minimum of two years of relevant research experience. A Master's degree in a related field may substitute for experience. Experience gained during volunteer/student training may be considered in lieu of professional experience.
This position is restricted and is contingent upon availability of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Demonstrated knowledge of a specific area of subject matter expertise.
2. Ability to synthesize information, provide advice, and address needs independently.
3. Ability to formulate research methods.
4. Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions.
5. Proven ability to clearly articulate specific information in area of subject matter expertise.
6. Ability to present information in multiple forums to a range of audiences.
7. Ability to work independently or as part of a team and to work with senior leaders to accomplish goals.
8. Ability to lead, train, and functionally supervise.
9. Ability to grasp the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs.
10. Ability to resolve problems.
11. Ability to work accurately with attention to detail.
12. Ability to sort and compile data.
13. Ability to design charts and diagrams.
13.Ability to train others and direct their work.
14.Ability to troubleshoot basic computer-related problems.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82018