Student Advisor - JWMI
The Jack Welch Management Institute is one of the top executive MBA programs in the online world, revolutionizing leadership education and helping working professionals learn immediately applicable, real-world business lessons from today's most celebrated leaders. Our accolades speak for themselves:
•Top 25 Online MBA Program- Princeton Review
•Most Influential Education Brand- LinkedIn
•Top 15 Global Online MBA Program- CEO Magazine
The Jack Welch Management Institute seeks winners with an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to execute. As a Student Advisor, you will work closely with students to support them along their path to graduation. We will invest in you to make sure you have all the tools and resources to make our students successful, and make you a better leader.
Why You Want to Work With Us
We believe that the academic models that traditional business schools are based on aren't always in the best interest of the student. We are disrupting education, and our core behaviors reflect our passion to drive change:
•Simplicity- We strive to find a better way, and seek out simple solutions to problems at all levels of the organization.
•Speed- We are quick to act and react, but don't sacrifice effectiveness in the process.
•Execution- Our ideas our powered by action and follow-through. We eat and dream- executing on today's priorities but constantly looking to improve and grow.
•Team- We know that the team with the best players wins. We cultivate a culture of trust, transparency, candor and recognition. And celebrate every success and have fun.
You will be a key member of Jack Welch Management Institute's Student Advisory Group, a highly influential team of dedicated problem solvers. We love our students, and are passionate about providing stellar service and support in every interaction. Our Student Advisors have the freedom to work across the organization and collaborate with anyone to solve student issues.
This is an exciting opportunity for a high-energy, people-person with a successful track record of customer service and ability to innovate processes and programs. If you're a driven, entrepreneurial, results-oriented professional who wants to take on the responsibility helping others achieve their academic and professional goals, we'd love to meet you!
- Serve as the primary guide from admissions to graduation to a cohort of up to 400 students of varying tenure
- Ensures that students meet their educational goals by monitoring and promoting academic progress and success, and advising students on program and degree requirements
- Onboard new students and acclimate them to completing course work successfully in the online environment.
- Encourage students to persist and complete their courses and degree program in a timely manner.
- Ensures students complete the re-enrollment process each term through outreach and retention efforts.
- Works with students to resolve academic problems and identify interventions and strategies (i.e. tutoring, additional academic advising, etc.) needed to assist them to succeed.
- Works regularly with faculty on at-risk advising, appeals, etc.
- Three plus years' experience in higher education setting and/or counseling or coaching experience; or relationship management or customer service
- Master's degree preferred, preferably in Business, Counseling or Higher Education
- Skills & Expertise
- Possess excellent customer service, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Adept at building rapport and relationships especially in a virtual environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Be pro-active, highly organized and being able to manage own time.
- Possess the ability to learn quickly and carry out multiple tasks and function with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Some evening and weekend hours are required must be willing and able to be flexible with their working hours.
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
We€™re honored and proud to announce that Strayer University has been recognized as a 2017 Top Workplace by the Washington Post.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.