Senior Assistant Dean, Events & Visitor Management
Requisition # 2017-7608
Date Posted 6/2/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline ..
Primarily responsible for managing Princeton's on-campus events and the campus visitor experience. Last year, the Admission Office managed nearly 80,000 registered visitors and many other non-registered guests. As a premier institution and visitor destination, the University must offer a consistently high quality experience to all visitors.
The successful candidate will maintain Princeton's positive image and enhance our ability to effectively communicate and interact with the many diverse groups that visit on a daily basis, as well as handle correspondence and phone inquiries.
The position will work closely with the Dean, Director, Office Manager, and Communications Manager to ensure successful delivery of goals and consistent messaging to prospective students, families, faculty, administration and alumni. The position will deliver post-event analysis, budget summaries, participant feedback, and suggestions for future improvements to the visitor experience.
Responsible for articulating the mission of Princeton University and conveying its policies and procedures to applicants, parents, guidance counselors, alumni and University personnel; make group presentations at high schools and college nights, as well as conduct information sessions on campus. Read, evaluate and summarize applications for admission. All officers are actively involved in the selection of the incoming first-year class.
The position may require some travel in the fall. Involves additional time commitment (including weekends and extended hours) during the academic year and at times during the summer.
The successful candidate will make public presentations about Princeton University's undergraduate academic and extracurricular programs and resources, and admission and financial aid policies and procedures to a variety of audiences (both on and off campus): e.g. to secondary school students and counselors, parents, and Princeton's Alumni Schools Committees.
- Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in event management and/or visitor services
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Must be able to relate positively to a variety of interests, backgrounds and points of view by using tact, diplomacy and discretion
- Must have the ability to exercise good judgment while working collegially in a high pressure, deadline-driven environment
- Must be able to work with multiple vendors and campus constituents
- Familiarity with and a willingness to learn technology and data driven systems
- Ability to successfully manage budgets
- Ability to be comfortable with complexity and ambiguity
- Ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of challenging conditions
- High energy level
- Willingness to learn and accept constructive feedback
- Resourcefulness, initiative and motivation
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Demonstrated success in a high volume guest/visitor operation with finite budgets, complex work scenarios and diverse audiences is a plus.
Public speaking ability and meeting management are also highly valuable.
Bachelor's degree required; master's degree preferred.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.