Assistant/Associate/Professor - Pediatrics
Assistant/Associate/Professor - Pediatrics
Pharmacotherapy - 301300
The University of North Texas System College of Pharmacy (UNTSCP) is inviting applications for faculty positions in the Department of Pharmacotherapy. Areas of practice includes pediatrics. These individuals will be faculty members who will enhance the UNTHSC vision and mission, while making meaningful contributions to the profession of pharmacy, UNT-SCP, the University and the community. Located at the University of North Texas Health Science Center (UNTHSC) in Fort Worth, the college of pharmacy joined colleges/schools of osteopathic medicine, public health, health professions, and the graduate school of biomedical sciences in 2013.
The Pharmacotherapy Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire an Assistant/Associate Professor - Pediatrics to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Works under the leadership of the Chair to develop the Pharm.D. curriculum for the Professional Years 1 to 3 (P1, P2, and P3) as it relates to the pharmacy practice components of the professional pharmacy curriculum.
* Works under the leadership of the Chair to implement the Pharm.D. curriculum for the Professional Years 1 to 3 (P1, P2, and P3) as it relates to the basic pharmaceutical sciences components of the professional pharmacy curriculum.
* Works under the leadership of the Chair to continuously improve the Pharm.D. curriculum for the Professional Years 1 to 3 (P1, P2, and P3) as it relates to the pharmacy practice components of the professional pharmacy curriculum.
* Contributes to a culture of scholarly excellence within the Department through research that ensures that the faculty member remains on the cutting edge of their chosen areas of research and scholarly activity relevant to the future of pharmacy.
* Contributes to the clinical practice of the Department.
* Contributes to a culture within the Department that works in close cooperation with other faculty of other Schools/Colleges at the UNTHSC and other local universities (e.g. TCU) to provide interprofessional education that meets a diverse population of Texas for effective partnerships in health and therapy.
* Contributes to the service efforts that enhance the quality of pharmacy education and research in Texas, nationally, and internationally.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
* Applicants must have graduated from an ACPE accredited pharmacy program with a pharmacy degree and be eligible to practice pharmacy in Texas.
* Completed an ASHP accredited PGY-1 post-graduate residency training program or have three years of pediatric patient-related experience.
* It is preferable that the applicants complete an ASHP accredited PGY-2 post-graduate training program in pediatrics.
* At the rank of associate professor, the applicant must have at least five (5) years of academic or clinical experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Individuals should submit a cover letter, teaching philosophy, curriculum vitae and contact information for three professional references.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled