Director of Planning, Assessment, and Reporting
The Director of Planning, Assessment, and Reporting is responsible for the implementation and management of information systems to provide data analysis and reporting for marketing, evaluation, and reporting functions as determined by external professional accrediting organizations, university, campus and School of Education decision makers. The Director produces data reports that provide systematic, accurate, timely, and critical information about students, instructors, courses, and programs in the School of Education for management and planning purposes.
Supervise the coordination of academic scheduling and catalog updates.
Develop and produce an annual report for the School of Education that summarizes data on recruitment/admission, enrollment, retention, graduation, faculty productivity, program evaluation and other areas as identified.
Implement administration of surveys conducted by the unit, including survey design and layout, online survey delivery, and survey data analysis and reporting.
Manage unit's assessment system for tracking the progress and performance of all teacher education candidates and quality indicators for teacher education programs.
- Maintain and improve School of Education internal database(s) that track student and program data, including performance data. Oversee protocols to ensure accuracy of data entry and security in internal data-bases. Develop training documentation for internal data bases. Coordinate internal database(s) with campus Institutional Research office. Provide descriptive and longitudinal data for state and national accreditation reports and campus program review reports, including the development of web-based and/or hyper-media documents.
Maintain dynamic database platforms, coordinate data collection/analysis, and deliver high-quality, accurate reports including but not limited to the following:
- Campus reports (e.g., program review)
- Grant proposals
- CCHE Teacher Education file
- Title II
- AACTE/NCATE reports
- US News & World Report
- Ad hoc requests by internal and external people as needed
What We Can Offer:
Starting salary in the low to mid $50,000's.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be engaged. Be inspired. Be successful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
• A bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university. Major or focus in social science fields, mathematics, business, humanities, engineering, information sciences desired.
• At least 2 years of experience in Assessment or a related field.
What You'll Need
• Demonstrated advanced skills in the use of several software and specialized data and presentation packages, especially ACCESS, EXCEL, SAS or SPSS, Word, Adobe Acrobat, and PowerPoint
• Familiarity with higher education student information systems and higher education contexts
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Sensitivity, confidentiality, and integrity
What We Would Like
• M.A. in information science, social science, research design or related field
• Institutional research experience, preferably in higher education
• 5 or more years in Assessment or related field.
• Experience in project management
• Experience in developing IBM Cognos Analytics Reports
• Advanced EXCEL skills
• Experience cleaning and managing large data sets
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by June 19, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-09642.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10261 - School of Education
Posting Date: Jun 2, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00665039