Adjunct Assistant Professor- Industrial Technology
The Industrial Technology program (INDT) is seeking one qualified candidate for Adjunct Assistant Professor. This candidate must be capable of instructing diverse students in general industrial safety standards related to 29 CFR Part 1910 - OSHA Regulations for General Industry. In addition, they must be able to obtain the “Authorized General Industry Trainer Card” from a recognized OSHA Training Institute (OTI) Education Center. Responsibilities include preparing and presenting the mandatory, elective, and optional Outreach topics; as well as adhering to the Outreach Training Program Requirements and Outreach Training Program Procedures for General Industry located on OSHA's website. Courses may be offered during weekend and evening hours, and the selected candidate would coordinate obtaining only 30-Hour course completion cards for their eligible students.
Participation in professional development opportunities; and service to the division, college and community is encouraged. Other course-related duties may be assigned by the immediate supervisor. This is a part-time contracted Adjunct faculty position.
As specified by OSHA, candidates must meet separate prerequisites for experience and training. An applicant may not substitute one prerequisite to fulfill the other prerequisite. OSHA does not issue waivers for either the experience or training prerequisites.
- Possess a minimum of an Associate's Degree in Safety, Health, and Environmental studies (SHE/ESH/HSE).
- Completed the OSHA course #511, Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry.
- Ability to use various presentation methods to convey safety information and concepts.
- The ability to work independently to produce quality results.
- Have previously taught the OSHA 30-Hour Outreach Training Course for General Industry.
- A Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, Ed. Specialist's Degree, or PhD. in Safety, Health, and Environmental (SHE/ESH/HSE) studies.
- Completion of, or the ability to attend, OSHA course #501, Trainer Course in OSHA Standards for General Industry. (If already authorized within the previous four years, the General Industry Outreach Trainer may take OSHA course #503, Update for General Industry Outreach Trainers, to renew their authorization for another four years.)
- Have five years of general industry safety experience.
- A college degree in occupational safety and health, a Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) designation may be substituted for two (2) years of experience.
- Prior experience teaching safety and health courses to diverse audiences.
Click here for a summary of our benefit information. For a summary of our adjunct faculty compensation, click here.
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Competitive rate of pay.
Hours per Week
Please submit resume & cover letter