Graduate Academic Advisor
Salary: $44,200 - $67,500
Title: Graduate Academic Advisor
Category: Student Affairs and Advising
Department: School of Business Administrat
Date Posted: 08/04/2016
Position Information: The School of Business Administration (SoBA) at the University of California, Riverside is a nationally-ranked and internationally-recognized AACSB-accredited business school. With over 14,000 alumni all over the world, it is home to the largest undergraduate business program in the University of California system, as well as to the A. Gary Anderson Graduate School of Management, which features MBA, Ph.D., Flex MBA, Master of Professional Accountancy (MPAc), and Master of Finance (MFin) programs. SoBA is positioned as a center of excellence in business education through cutting-edge research on the business challenges of the 21st century.
Minimum Requirements: Ability to multi-task.
Thorough knowledge of advising and counseling techniques, knowledge of multiple majors, colleges, & schools.
Abilities in problem identification, reasoning, ability to develop original ideas to solve problems.
Skills in judgment and decision-making, problem solving.
Preferred Qualifications: Thorough knowledge of college/school policies, procedures, and requirements.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview