Salary: $75,400 - $111,900
Title: Applications Programmer
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Engineering - Dean's Office
Date Posted: 12/23/2015
Position Information: The candidate will be the lead architect and developer for the continued development of a novel student success software suite developed within our college of engineering. This system represents a novel and innovative approach to the challenge of improving student success, fundamentally different from other initiatives in this domain. It has already been deployed within our college of engineering, where it has been received with great enthusiasm by its students and staff. Initial responses from external users suggests that it will have enormous market potential across the nation. The candidate will lead the enhancement of the software suite with additional features, supervise its ongoing evolution, and oversee the efforts to help it realize its full academic and commercial potential within the University of California and across the nation.
Minimum Requirements: Advanced experience with identification and use of code libraries and open-source forums.
Experience developing and executing complex test plans.
Demonstrated software repository skills.
Highly advanced skills associated with software specification, design, modification, implementation and deployment of large-scale scope.
Demonstrated ability to understand functional needs and how systems can support those needs. Demonstrated ability to develop conversion and system implementation plans.
Excellent project leadership and management skills.
Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
Advanced knowledge of secure software development
Demonstrated complex problem- solving skills.
Advanced experience with planning for deployment and creation of feedback mechanisms.
Advanced expertise in building complex software using Java, Java EE, and related environments.
Knowledge of UNIX and/or Linux.
3+years of software engineering experience covering the areas of software specification, development, maintenance, and configuration management.
Ability to lead a team of programmers
Expertise in fields such as algorithm design, distributed systems, data management and data mining.
Experience deploying J2EE applications to an application server such as Tomcat, Glassfish, Weblogic, etc.
Experience developing and using Hibernate and SQL.
Experience using a J2EE framework (such as Struts or SpringMVC) to implement business logic, access large stores of persistent data, and support large numbers of simultaneous users.
Experience to use and extend an integrated development environment (IDE) such as ECLIPSE and associated toolsets for use in software development.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview