Contract & Grant/Payroll Financial Analyst II
Salary: $48,800 - $72,500
Title: Contract & Grant/Payroll Financial Analyst II
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Chemical/Environ. Engineering
Date Posted: 08/05/2016
Position Information: NOTE: Continuation of this permanent 100%-time career position is contingent upon funding at the end of each fiscal year. The Contract & Grant/Payroll Financial Analyst II has four primary areas of responsibility, which include: 1) Financial and Administrative Management of the financial resources supporting the Winston Chung Global Energy Center (WCGEC) and the Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering. 2) Post Award Management of Contracts & Grants: Assists Sr. Analyst in post-award administration. Responsibilities include reviewing monthly statements for variances and overdrafts, verifying transactions for appropriateness, monitoring transactions for erroneous or unallowable charges, reconciling statements to ledgers, researching outstanding encumbrances, Additional responsibilities related to contracts and grants include communicating with the PI's to ensure timely completion of their annual payroll certifications, lab safety training, responsible conduct of research training, and other reports and training as required. 3) Travel/Event Coordination: Responsible for coordinating travel plans as needed. Coordinates project site visits and other meetings by providing and requesting information regarding logistics of meetings, makes travel arrangements and prepares itinerary. 4) Personnel Management: Responsible for processing academic and non-academic personnel documents for new hires, volunteers and visiting scholars. This includes processing payroll via the campus payroll/personnel system.
Minimum Requirements: Demonstrated competence in the use of spreadsheet and database software in financial analysis, fiscal management and financial reports.
Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting, fiscal and reporting principles.
Ability to manage a high volume of transactions.
Independent judgment and strong organization and communication skills and customer service focus.
Maintains current knowledge of compliance regulations in all areas of research administration.
Knowledge of applicable compliance requirements related to use of human or animal subjects in research, financial conflict of interest, biosafety, etc.
Ability to perform moderately complex financial analysis and customized reporting.
Knowledge of applicable federal, state, local, sponsor and institutional regulations, policies, and guidelines.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview