The Department of Chemistry at the University of Missouri, Columbia is seeking a full-time (100%) director of the X-ray Crystallography Facility. The expected start date is September 1, 2017.
About the Department of Chemistry X-ray Crystallography Facility
The X-ray Crystallography Facility at the University of Missouri, Columbia is a research facility is housed within the Department of Chemistry and is for use by faculty, graduate students, and postdoctoral researchers. The facility consists of three single crystal diffractometers and one powder diffractometer, which are primarily for small molecule structures. The director will report to the Chair of the chemistry department.
- Assisting in the operation of all X-ray diffractometers in the facility
- Ensuring that the facility is open and available for access by users 24 hours per day, seven days per week
- Maintaining strong relationships with other X-ray laboratories and technology vendors
- Staying up to date on current technology and techniques in X-ray diffraction analysis
- Taking part in the facility’s crystal structure analysis service operation which may including obtaining and/or selecting X-ray quality crystals, mounting crystals, and conducting structural analysis
- Providing software and hardware training, answering questions, and offering assistance with the selection of crystals for mounting
- Encouraging learning and scientific growth of faculty, graduate students, and postdoctoral researchers
- Providing courteous and professional consultative services to all users and service customers
Completion of all PhD or equivalent degree requirements in Chemistry or related field.
Two (2) or more years of experience in the operation of X-ray diffractometers, crystal structure analysis, and powder diffraction analysis.
The salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Complete the brief online application and be prepared to upload a cover letter, list of names and contact information for three references, and current CV. Questions about the position should be sent to Dr. Justin Walensky, firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Missouri is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: