Director of Marketing and Alumni Outreach
Functional Title Director of Marketing and Alumni Outreach
Position Type Administration - Staff
In accordance with the mission of the University, the College of Visual and Performing Arts seeks to enable students to understand and embrace the artistic expression of all cultures, empowering them to enrich the human experience for themselves and others. Acknowledging the enduring traditions of excellence in each discipline, the School strives to:
- Teach the imaginative, critical, aesthetic, and technical skills essential to the creative process, scholarly inquiry, and professional engagement in the continually evolving fields of music, theatre and dance.
- Promote discovery and foster inclusive learning that enriches the understanding of human diversity and global issues as they relate to the performing arts.
- Provide our undergraduate students with comprehensive curricula appropriate to the various degree programs offered by the College of Visual and Performing Arts.
- Equip our graduate students to become specialists and leaders in their fields through advanced study and training.
- Present public performances and provide artistic resources, education and outreach to the community and the state of North Carolina.
The Director for Marketing and Alumni Outreach in CVPA is responsible for developing, implementing and managing the College's external marketing, public relations, and other outreach activities. The Director will work in close coordination with the Dean and other College office staff and University Communications, as well as School Directors and their staffs, to ensure the greatest public visibility for the college, including its high-profile events, and he or she will also develop and implement a comprehensive strategy for fostering and maintaining relationships with CVPA alumni. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop, implement and assess College of Visual and Performing Arts marketing & communications plans for various constituencies (including general audiences, prospective students, alumni, Partners for the Arts, regional and national media);
- Develop digital and print materials including twice-yearly arts calendar, newsletters, annual alumni publication;
- Manage marketing and logistics for University Concert and Lecture Series and Partners for the Arts;
- Serve as primary contact for external marketing and media, in cooperation with University Communications;
- Develop and maintain communication and relationships with other local, regional and national arts organizations;
- Develop and maintain active relationships with CVPA alumni including an accurate and up-to-date database of names and contact information, track alumni accomplishments both for internal reporting and public relations purposes, and help to spearhead alumni events in target cities.
The Director will also help define, articulate and promote the CVPA brand with the aspirational goal of positioning the College and its Schools as among the best opportunities for an arts education in the nation.
Minimum of Bachelor's degree in relevant field with Master's degree preferred.
1. Minimum of Bachelor's degree in relevant field with Master's degree preferred,
2. Professional experience in marketing, publicity and communications,
3. Excellent writing and editing abilities,
4. Strong proficiency with design and computer graphics with an ability to create print and web materials of all types,
5. Ability to creatively use social media for marketing purposes,
6. Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently with high, positive energy,
7. Ability to organize events,
8. Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
Tenure Status N/A
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please provide application, CV and a list of three references.
Recruitment Range $60,000 - $65,000
Org #-Department College of Visual and Performing Arts - 12601
Job Open Date 06/02/2017
For Best Consideration Date 06/19/2017
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Time Limited? No
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- * If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu