HR Communications Manager
Job ID: 41773
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Apply On Or Before: 01/01/9999
Department of Human Resources
The FSU Office of Human Resources is seeking a business-savvy, multi-tasker with excellent written and verbal communication skills for the HR Communications Manager position. This position reports to the Assistant Vice President for Human Resources/F&A Chief of Staff and is responsible for overseeing HR communications internally and campus-wide.
The HR Communications Manager performs a wide range of assignments including drafting, editing, project management, strategic planning, and presentation development and delivery. Job Duties include:
• Directs, manages, and develops HR communication strategies, policies, and initiatives. Maintains style guidelines and communication templates for the department.
• Creates, coordinates, and reviews a wide variety of internal and external communications under the direction of the Assistant President for HR and F&A Chief of Staff, including website content, reminders, memoranda, emails, training, and reports.
• Writes, edits, designs, and prints internal and external publications. Ensures office communications are consistent and reflect strategic vision.
• Serves as the chief liaison with HR department representatives across campus. Develops strategies and materials to strengthen the relationship between Human Resources and department representatives. Maintains HR listserv distribution lists.
• Coordinates department representative meetings and HR forums and develops related content.
• Assists with training initiatives, awards programs, crisis communications, calendaring, and coordinating major presentations in support of department, division, and University goals.
• Develops and maintains working relationships and partnerships with other campus areas, including Payroll, ERP, and departmental staff to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of HR services and processes. Recommends solutions to routine and non-routine problems.
• Assists with project management for human resources’ initiatives and special projects on an as needed basis including: research, analysis, and implementation of projects, policies, and procedures.
• Serves as an executive team member and assists in development of departmental goals and initiatives. Provides strategic advice on department efficiency initiatives, design, redesign, and implementation of efficient business practices.
Bachelor's degree and two years of experience related to the duties of this position: or a high school diploma or equivalency and six years of experience related to the duties of this position. (Note: a combination of post high school education and experience equal to six years.)
Experience with effective communication both written and verbal.
Experience with customer service and project management.
Experience prioritizing and organizing multiple work assignments, and working with deadlines.
Experience providing presentations and training to a broad range of constituents.
Experience with online communications such as web content and social media.
Experience with graphic design.
Experience delivering and developing training.
Experience in the Human Resources and/or Higher Education setting.
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Open until filled
This position is being advertised as open until filled.
The search committee will begin reviewing applications in mid June.
Tobacco Free Campus
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf