AVP, University Controller
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) invites applicants for the position of Assistant Vice President, University Controller. NSU is a private, not-for profit, accredited, coeducational university Carnegie-classified as both “high research activity” and “community engaged.” NSU is the largest private, nonprofit institution of higher education in Florida and the 10th largest nationally. Founded in 1964, the university offers undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees and certificate programs to more over 24,000 students. NSU has eighteen colleges and schools, 170,000 alumni, a sprawling 314-acre Fort Lauderdale-Davie campus and a presence throughout Florida, the U.S. and eleven countries around the world.
The AVP, University Controller reports directly to the Vice President of Finance and CFO and will oversee a staff of over 40. He/she will provide leadership and management oversight for the operations of University general accounting and financial reporting, grants and contracts accounting, payroll, accounts payable, endowment accounting, fixed assets, and taxation. The AVP, University Controller is responsible for ensuring the integrity and accuracy of accounting records, overseeing production of timely financial reporting, recommending and maintaining appropriate fiscal policies and internal controls, and ensuring compliance with state and federal laws and university policies.
Professional experience and qualifications required for this position include:
- Minimum of eight years of progressive supervisory accounting and professional management experience in higher education or similar setting.
- Significant experience in FASB not–for-profit accounting principles and fund accounting as well as government grant requirements and procedures (OMB A-133).
- Well versed in the design of effective internal controls and development of institutional policies and procedures, and in leading large-scale projects.
- Experienced with complex financial accounting systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; and strong presentation skills.
- Highly detail orientated with excellent technical accounting, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Significant leadership experience; demonstrated ability to build and maintain a strong and diverse team.
Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree (MBA, Accounting, or Finance) is strongly preferred. CPA is required.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Novacontroller@KornFerry.com for consideration.