Program Assistant - Occupational Therapy Program
Founded in 1869, Chatham University is a fully coed institution with an enrollment of over 2,200 students and over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence: sustainability; health & lab sciences; business & communication; and the arts & humanities. Chatham is the alma mater of environmental icon Rachel Carson (Class of '29), and is recognized as a leader in the field of sustainability, having been selected as one of the Top 50 Green Colleges by The Princeton Review; ranked in the top five nationally for sustainability achievements in the Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System™ (STARS); and mentioned in a 2012 Forbes article as one of the places "contributing to Pittsburgh's transformation into a destination for green living."
Building on these accomplishments, Chatham opened in 2014 the world's first fully sustainable campus in higher education, Eden Hall Campus. Consistently ranked as a best college by U.S. News & World Report in the Regional Universities North category, Chatham consists of the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School of Sustainability & Environment; the School of Arts, Science and Business; and the College for Continuing & Professional Studies.
To help support the work of the University we have an immediate opening for a Program Assistant for Occupational Therapy Program. The Program Assistant for Occupational Therapy Program reports to the Occupational Therapy Program Director.
Under limited supervision, provide highly responsible and confidential administrative support to the Occupational Therapy program director and faculty.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordinates and facilitates the operations and procedures within the program as follows:
- Prepare program correspondence and documents on a regular and as-needed basis (schedules, deposited student information, orientation materials, registration information, fieldwork correspondence, etc.)
- Monitor the program’s fiscal year expenditures and track these on a spreadsheet for each budget line in the OT program
- Coordinate OT program events by reserving rooms, requesting room set-ups (tables, chairs, audiovisual equipment), and food ordering
- Utilize electronic survey software to create and administer electronic surveys developed by OT faculty
- Supervise work-study students
- Participate in required faculty, program, and university meetings
- Assist the PD with the preparation of accreditation/re-accreditation and other program reports as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned by the PD
Minimum of Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred and three years of related experience providing administrative support.
Interested candidates should visit www.chatham.edu/careers and follow the instructions to complete the application process. To ensure full consideration, please submit a cover letter addressing the qualifications of the position, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Chatham University offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, including tuition remission for qualified personnel, and a generous retirement plan.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer