Assistant Coordinator, Special Programs (Professional Development Center)
Provides overall functional support to the Professional Development Center
1. Assist with the development, coordination, and evaluation of training and development programs for employees.
2. Specific duties include assisting with conducting needs assessment, recommendation of training topics, identifying internal and external training facilitators/consultants, designing and delivering internal training modules, and preparing, distributing and assessing participant evaluation forms.
3. Prepares materials for training classes and workshops administered through the PDC including catalogs, client contracts, ordering supplies, rosters, evaluations and other related materials.
4. Assist with the coordination of professional development events and college wide events
5. Staffs the Professional Development Center lab and answers incoming telephone calls from staff and faculty
6. Coordinate special projects as assigned by the Recruitment and Training Manager
7. Assist with coordinating the new employee orientation process.
8. Responsible for maintaining PDC calendar, PDC learn management system, PDC registration system and internal web page.
9. Responsible for gathering data, tracking and reporting on training participation and attendance for events.
10. Ability to adjust schedule to work occasional evenings and weekends
11. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
1. Associate's Degree Required; Bachelor's degree preferred
1. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; specifically with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
2. A high level of interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to write and present educational programs and to make presentations to large groups.
3. Ability to interact with a broad array of internal and external constituents, and the ability to concurrently manage multiple complex tasks.
4. Ability to interact professionally and tactfully with people of different levels of education, cultural backgrounds, and life experiences, and to exhibit an adequate level of respect to fellow employees and the College community at large.
5. Excellent communication, organizational, and customer service skills
1. Previous experience in workforce training preferred
2. Previous work experience in LMS management, social media, and online training preferred