Dean of the Graduate Business School of CETYS University in Mexicali, Mexico
CETYS University, through the Vice President of Academic Affairs, invites all interested people to participate in the OPEN CALL for the position of: Dean of the Graduate Business School of CETYS University System, with the following considerations:
Nationality: Mexican or foreign.
Doctoral Degree in Administration or areas related to business.
Languages: Bilingual (Spanish and English). Documents to prove proficiency are required.
Teaching and research experience. At least five years of teaching experience in undergraduate and graduate programs. Research experience in some of the main areas of administration and business is required as well as production and publications in international peer- reviewed journals and/or with renowned publishers.
Professional Experience. In positions that involve leadership in higher education. At least five years in academic executive positions at university level. Knowledge of institutional and academic program accreditation processes, especially in the area of administration and experience in international cooperation. Work experience in companies is desirable.
- Teaching in higher education, related to the educational model focused on the learning of the student (CETYS Model).
- Leadership to manage multidisciplinary work teams.
- Resource management and management of people in academic projects.
- Result and goal oriented.
- Management of information and communication technologies.
- Experience in design and development of research projects.
- Integrity, honesty and high ethical standards.
- Capable of responsibly assuming the philosophy, Mission and values of CETYS University.
- Broad perspective, dedication, high levels of energy, adaptability and spirit of service.
- Ability to make problem-solving decisions.
- Leadership and ability to work in teams and integrate and coordinate academic groups.
- Skills to efficiently motivate, direct and implement actions that foster the continuous improvement of the quality of the Business Graduate School.
- Written and oral communication skills.
Activities and challenges
- Management of the Graduate Business School.
- Teach graduate courses.
- Research activities and participation in collegiate bodies.
- Position the Graduate Business School, particularly the Entrepreneurship area, as the best in Latin America.
- Design and manage research projects in the lines of research of CETYS Graduate Programs.
- Ensure the achievement of the learning outcomes/competencies of the institution, program and course, and implement the actions, initiatives and processes necessary to achieve the goals in this area.
- Participate in the processes required to obtain and maintain the national and/or international accreditations of the academic programs.
- Promote the Distinctive Elements of CETYS Education: internationalization, development of informational skills, culture of entrepreneurship, sustainability, linkage and social responsibility.
- Experience in fundraising processes.
Structure and organization
The immediate superior to this position is the Vice President of Academic Affairs. At the same time, the person in this position will supervise the following areas: academic programs, research and linkage, executive programs, international programs.
The call will remain open from the moment of publication, until July 28, 2017.
Via e-mail at email@example.com
Submit curriculum vitae along with the corresponding evidence to prove that the candidate fulfills the required profile.
In the final round, candidates will have to:
1. Provide three academic recommendations.
2. Attend an interview with the Selection Committee.
More information about CETYS can be found at: www.cetys.mx