ASSISTANT PROFESSOR AND ACADEMIC FIELDWORK COORDINATOR FOR OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY
School of Health Professions and Human Services
Assistant Professor and Academic Fieldwork Coordinator for Occupational Therapy
Hofstra University’s School of Health Professions and Human Services, Department of Health Professions, is seeking applications for an anticipated full-time clinical faculty position in the Master of Science in Occupational Therapy Program as an Assistant Professor and Academic Fieldwork Coordinator. Hofstra’s entry-level Master of Science in Occupational Therapy Program is part of our growing programs in the Department of Health Professions, which include professional preparation programs in Public Health, Health Administration, Sport Science, Health Informatics, Athletic Training, Exercise Science and Health Science. This clinical faculty appointment begins on September 1, 2017.
The Academic Fieldwork Coordinator (AFWC) will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the fieldwork component of the program including management of field placement sites, student field placements, and ongoing publication of the OT Student Academic Fieldwork Policy Manual. The AFWC will provide support for student academic advisement and OT Program data collection and analysis related to academic fieldwork as needed for OT Program assessment and ACOTE accreditation. Candidates will also serve as a course instructor for the program.
Candidates for the Assistant Professor/AFWC position must have a minimum of 3 years of clinical experience with supervisory experience for Level I and Level II fieldwork students. Demonstrated experience in OT related administration and teaching is considered an asset. Clinical experience related to physical disability through the life-span and pediatrics is favored. Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as members of interdisciplinary teams and interface with community-based organizations in diverse settings.
- Occupational Therapist with earned doctoral degree; (PhD, EdD, OTD, DHS, DPS, or ScD)
- Certified by the NBCOT and eligibility for licensure in the State of New York.
- Demonstrated administrative experience related to occupation therapy practice.
- Experience, or demonstrated potential, for advising or mentoring students.
- Experience with developing new and strengthening existing relationships with affiliated fieldwork sites, community health care facilities, and professional associations for collaboration initiatives, student research projects, student internships, and career placement.
- Demonstrated teaching experience or student fieldwork supervision related to occupation therapy practice.
- Evidence of scholarly activity, as scholarship of application or research, is preferred.
Please send a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, transcripts and three letters of recommendation from references that can speak about administrative performance, teaching, and professional accomplishments via email to:
Dr. Gioia Ciani
101 Hofstra Dome
220 Hofstra University
Hempstead, NY 11549
Review of applications will begin on July 1, 2017 and continue until the position has been filled.
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.
Apply for ASSISTANT PROFESSOR AND ACADEMIC FIELDWORK COORDINATOR FOR OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly